Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
434 Posts
That email is confusing. Its the 2017/2018 map with a date of Q3 2016? Do I understand that correctly?

·
Registered
196 Posts
gee it's only $99.95 I believe, that is what I paid in Costco for Garmin 50 drivesmart GPS, (that I am using right now also for backup camera) that I can update online every month if I so desire, so I have no idea why would you pay $100.00 and get only update :-( for me is big NO :) get Garmin at Costco when they have it on sale, or pay $129.00 full price, I can recommend it, I have driven with it many miles and it got me out of some troubles looking for a place, it will even show you hamburger place in Paris Texas (BTW very good hamburgers) :) or anywhere else :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm trying to get MB to pony up for the update. The van was sold with "free map updates for 6 months" and this is the ONLY map update that's been made since the van went on sale in north america. I don't think it's an unreasonable request. Call mbvans and ask for a new voucher.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m going to try that. I like garmin navi I have had them in the past I don’t want my dashboard clutter with stuff now. I already have a satellite radio on it also there not power source for the Navi since the outlet is already in use.

·
Registered
259 Posts
MBvans apparently doesn't have a record of how long we get free updates for. Anyone still have their box for the becker?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I do and it says 60 days.

I'm gonna look through the shop and see if I can finagle a brand new one to update...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I still have the box for my Becker. There is a wee voucher in the box which proclaims a '60 day map update guarantee' *Within 60 day of initially operating your device. This date is determined automatically when you hook it up to PC

·
Registered
259 Posts
Been trying to get a hold of Becker to determine if they'll still suggest I get off at every third exit on the NJ Turnpike, run around the cloverleaf just for fun, and get back on in the direction I was previously headed. Have not been able to get anyone on the phone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
is that with the updated map data? I've worked in the digital map business: if you are answering the phone you are not developing the maps, so I can see how Becker would let it ring!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Becker MAPPILOT Service <[email protected]>

Dear Customer,
We ourselves have no influence on the map data or the specified speed limit, as these map data are not created by Becker. We inform the card manufacturer about the mentioned changes so that they can be checked. You are also welcome to post wrong speed limits or street names yourself at the following link after registering http://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreator/ so that they can be reviewed and then included in future updates.

thank you for your request:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

MapPilot Support Team
I guess the $99 is for the privilege of buying from them?

·
Registered
259 Posts
since my first post has disappeared; Success on getting Mercedes to provide this update at no cost to me. My stance with MBusa was that they spec'd a system that was delivered with out of date maps and just now, 2 years after delivery, was an update available. They went back and forth on trying to have the dealer pick it up as a courtesy but my opinion is that it's an MBusa issue since the dealer has absolutely no control over the system or the spec on the maps. Ultimately it was escalated and a couple days later MBusa called back and said to take it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts