Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the front passenger seat - 4 bolts - 2 electrical plugs - am seeing a very sturdy steel box with the battery visible inside - does anyone know how to gain access to the battery to change it ? :|

·
Registered
112 Posts
Removed the front passenger seat - 4 bolts - 2 electrical plugs - am seeing a very sturdy steel box with the battery visible inside - does anyone know how to gain access to the battery to change it ? :|
I believe it is meant to slide out thd side access opening. I recall reading instructions in owners manual.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The manual must say, and I'm sure that the dealership could tell you. That seems pretty run of the mill for them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I was going to access the battery for a project this week. So is the side the only way to access the battery (terminals)? I'd like to just get to the terminals without pulling the battery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I disconnected and removed my battery a while back. It slides out the passenger side. I couldn't disconnect the cables until I had it most of the way out. You'll need assistance or a support of some type to get it done. Unless you're one of those lucky people that has 3 or 4 hands.... The trickiest part is sliding it back in as the cables need to go in just right to get it properly secured.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes, the side panel is the only way to access the battery terminals.

There is a small, probably too small to be useful, opening in the top of the seat riser under the seat but in order to remove the seat to access the opening you have to first disconnect the battery.

It only takes 2 minutes to pull the battery from the side panel and I'm pretty sure when I last disconnected my battery I didn't even lose my radio pre-sets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Paul55555 how did the installation go ? And where did you did you mount the inverter ? I was planning on doing the same thing ? Please post pictures if you have any . Thanks ~!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts