Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear camera was standard equipment from the 2016 model year forward. Maybe 2015...but definitely 2016. Didn’t have your problem but got the same BS excuses from my dealer for my issue. Go to mbvans.com and download manuals and brochures that show camera as “Standard”. Do you have the original invoice? It will show rear view camera. VIN will confirm also. Smile and push to have it checked. Don’t be pissy. If all else fails, call mbvans customer service in Atlanta. Although when I called they played just as dumb as the dealer. Took me a month of pestering before my dealer finally took my van in to scan the software...begrudgingly. Problem was found and fixed. Don’t let them run roughshod over you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rear camera was standard equipment from the 2016 model year forward. Maybe 2015...but definitely 2016.
The rear view camera was optional through 2017. It only became standard equipment in model year 2018 because cameras are now required by federal law. There was no model year 2015 Metris.

To the OP, go to http://www.datamb.com and enter your VIN. Look for option code FR8.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear camera was always optional up to mid this year (Mar 2018 manufacture date). I had an aftermarket rear camera in our 2016 and it drove me CRAZY! We have another one that I am going to install. I think their cameras are bullshit and feel the factory ones are the only way to go. Mine glitches out a ton on me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts