Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
With a little patience I was able to do this in 5 minutes without tools. I could see the wires coming off the top of the alarm by looking down into the space between the plastic panel and the body. My fingers just fit into this space and I was able to snag the wires and get the wire connector up above the plastic panel where I could easily disconnect it. :smile:
You must have the hands of a highly rated proctologist LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yup, Piece of cake Thanks! opened up the small plastic cover blow the tail light with 2 t40 bolts and unplugged that annoying POS

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, it's not hard. Seriously it's a 15 minute job. I suppose if you're not a mechanical type, maybe twice that. You need a t-40 bit, and a zip tie. Open the back drivers side door. Just below the hinge, behind the bumper cover is the horn.

Remove the 2 bolts holding the vertical cover. Pull the upper cover back and out of the way. There's a plastic body panel rivet holding the upper and lower bumper covers together. Pull that rivet out.

You will have complete access to the horn. Unplug the horn. Wire tie the bitter ends to the horn, just so they don't drop out of the bottom.

Put the bumper cover back on. I used a bit of blue loctite on the fasteners. Seriously took 15 minutes. Don't go paying someone for this!
Will removing the horn itself create an error on a dash ?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts