Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped off my Metris in MB of Long Beach, SoCal to have B-service and they quoted me at $750. I asked their web site is only $488 and they said it's for regular vehicle, Metris is commercial? I asked for any discount and they knocked down to $560. Then I show them the $130 coupon from MB posted here but they won't accept it because it's not valid for Metris???

BTW, they gave me a new loaner GLC with less than a thousand miles for my Christmas trip to Vegas: the seat is not that comfortable like Metris.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had B-service completed last week in Washington state. Cost was $486 total which included tax. I received quotes from two MB dealers and they were pretty close in cost. I only have two MB dealers within a 100 miles of my residence but in SoCal you have many so you might consider shopping around. Cost of this service was painful but they did several extras like updating the Nav head software and ordering parts for an issue they have a notification on. Even though I live over an hour away they allowed us to take a newer 300C loner home over night. Their strategy of tempting us to consider buying one of these is decietfully effective after seeing how much my wife enjoyed driving the car.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That strategy works well on newer cars; it doesn’t work on a W124. When I got Rudolf back after services and repairs (those are plentiful on 18 year old cars (last time it was on the road) with lots of miles) I was just so happy to have my old car back. Not as luxurious, sure, but more solid and a lot more character.

2) 7/20/16 mileage 30179 (7/25/16)
Trip 15228 393:09 - 22.2mpg - 39mph
Service b, trans fluid, two new tires (front) Hankook Ventus2Noble 225/55R17 101T, rear brake pads, four wheel alignement
$1635
Seatbelt (replaced adjuster)
Radio reception (ordered parts from Germany)
paint (sent for authorization)
Nav system (updated software)

11. 8/ 30/17 mileage 61005 (9/1/17)
B service, fix rear washer, overhead control panel, 4 wheel alignment, tailgate light, rear brake pads.
15331, 22.0
$944.99

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I'm trying to say is why the cost of B Service for Metris is different than regular car, it has the same engine of CLA.

This is the dealer I bought my van from and they messed up my registration to make me pay for commercial price three times already.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Find another dealer. Mine bends over backwards to get my business. They charge the same for my van as they did for all my other cars, with, of course, price increases consumate to time and inflation. I paid $156 for the equilent of an A service in 2002 on my 1995 C220. Now I pay $210. Which might actually be a real money decrease come to think of it.

Its certainly a net decrease- that needed a service every 7500 miles- the Metris is double that.

It is actually: $156 = $213.90

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mikit, which Washington state dealer did you use? Thanks
The dealership I went to for B-service was in Bellingham. I had a positive experience with their service department. We purchased the van in Lynnwood but they wanted a little more to do the same service so we went north since we live halfway between the two.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took my metris to MB Seattle for its first B service. They quoted me what I thought were high prices, I complained but they said there was nothing they could do. When I came back to pick up the car the prices were lower.

Service: Quoted -> Final
B Service: $550 -> $390
Trans Flush: $607 -> $430
Brake Flush: $185 -> $154
Disposal Fees $20
+Tax&Parts

Total B\35k service ended up being $1100.

We always had our previous VW serviced at the dealer. They would wash and vacuum the car for you as part of the service which I thought was nice. The only freebie I got with MB Seattle was a cup of coffee while waiting for my Uber.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
According to my SA my dealer does not generally give loaners to van customers- and what I have seen with other customers bears this out. His explaination was they don’t have loaner vans, and early attempts to give Sprinter customers loaners resulted in work junk damaging cars. I could see that, regrettably.

They give me one because I have been a customer there for 15 years.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Find another dealer. Mine bends over backwards to get my business. They charge the same for my van as they did for all my other cars, with, of course, price increases consumate to time and inflation. I paid $156 for the equilent of an A service in 2002 on my 1995 C220. Now I pay $210. Which might actually be a real money decrease come to think of it.

Its certainly a net decrease- that needed a service every 7500 miles- the Metris is double that.

It is actually: $156 = $213.90
I already dropped it in Friday and got a loaner GLC for the trip to Vegas on Christmas weekend. They called me on Tuesday but I delay 1 more day because of the over limit mileage limit (150 miles/day). Got my van back yesterday at $483 plus tax. Before I pick it up I try to call other dealers and they quoted me $349 and $379 for B-Service and they will accept $130 coupon from MB.

So I got ripped off from $220 to $483: I don't think I will back to this dealer I bought my van from for any paid service.

Should we have a Sub-Forum for Cheers/Jeers? Absolutely JEER to MB of Long Beach Southern CA.

·
Registered
184 Posts
According to my SA my dealer does not generally give loaners to van customers- and what I have seen with other customers bears this out. His explaination was they don’t have loaner vans, and early attempts to give Sprinter customers loaners resulted in work junk damaging cars. I could see that, regrettably.

They give me one because I have been a customer there for 15 years.

When ours went infor the CEL, fuel line and mirror they gave us. Pacifica, but did state that the commercial vans don’t usually get loaners. Any ride beats a sporty walk.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started shopping around by phone for B Service quotes. The closest dealer told me $870 for service + around $ 350 for optional "recommended" additional maintenance & inspection checks.

Another, out-of-town dealer quoted $370 for the B Service. Maybe she wasn't including the transmission flush in her quote?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had Svc B back in May at 15K for around $300
At $30K miles, I just had Svc A yesterday for $233, transmission flush $521.

AND I got a little GLA loaner for the day---no hassle at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dissapointed with MB of LB.

I dropped off my Metris in MB of Long Beach, SoCal to have B-service and they quoted me at $750. I asked their web site is only $488 and they said it's for regular vehicle, Metris is commercial? I asked for any discount and they knocked down to $560. Then I show them the $130 coupon from MB posted here but they won't accept it because it's not valid for Metris???

BTW, they gave me a new loaner GLC with less than a thousand miles for my Christmas trip to Vegas: the seat is not that comfortable like Metris.
I can guarantee that MB of LB will not ever ever get a dollar of my service spend!!!
I was highly disappointed with they way I was treated when I brought my '17 Metris to them.
Seems that they seem to feel that since I did not purchase my out of state vehicle from them that I am some sort of second class citizen.
I told them that I purchased my vehicle from Mercedes, not a specific dealer.

I simply fail to understand why they would not want my first experience with their service department to be a positive one since clearly I already bought in to the Metris value proposition and am a potential future new purchase customer.

I can clearly shop at MBofLB, Fletcher Jones , MB of South Bay, Laguna Niguel, Santa Monica or Dr. Import in Fountain Valley.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I don’t understand it either. In the 15 plus years I have used my dealer, I have spent about 80 grand there- a bit more than half buying the Metris, and the rest on servicing and repairing mostly ancient vehicles. I can assure you that a good 90% of the profit that dealer made from me was for servicing, not purchase.

They made that money from me by making me feel, as teenager, and beyond, clearly not of great wealth... but nonetheless a valued and appreciated customer. They even gave me a loaner when I was under 25. For a month, because they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with my car. When they did, they only charged me for the one part that actually needed replacement. That’s how you get loyalty, and loyalty is how you make a lot of money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts