Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2018 Metris today. I need to install two power plugs at the rear of the van, Dealer confirmed Aux Battery and relay under passenger seat. My question is: To isolate these power plugs from the starting battery do I attach power cords to the relay terminals or directly to the aux battery. Or should I have on of their venders do it??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer said passenger seat, relay is under the passenger seat. I know, my manual says drivers side. Don't know what to do. How do I test this out?

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
330 Posts
The dealer said passenger seat, relay is under the passenger seat. I know, my manual says drivers side. Don't know what to do. How do I test this out?
The 2016's and 2017's have the main battery under the passenger seat. It seems unlikely that MB would make such a big change by having the start battery under the drivers seat. Disconnect one of the batteries and see if the van still has power.

You can get power from an unused terminal. Here is an extract of how I connected a battery to battery charger. Connecting it to the vehicle's electrical system was easy using the start battery ground for the chargers negative wire. The positive connection is the "A2 Catch" which is for the "Control Unit, preglow system" according to the description in the Fuse Allocation Supplement. Since I have a gasoline engine, there are no glow plugs. That circuit is fused for 100 amps which is more than enough for this charger.

https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/4...sterling-battery-battery-charger-install.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you want to keep all the wiring on the drivers side where the house battery is, you can connect the negative wire to the battery ground, slide out the battery, connect the positive to the positive terminal and add an in inline switchable fuse, maybe 40 amps, depending on your use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts