Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 metris cargo I know for sure I didn’t see anything on my window sticker about forward collision, I know it wasn’t in any package I have. When I drive I notice a few times the van would feel like it’s breaking on it own. Has anyone experience this? What can be causing it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will do it in order to slow down to maintain a preset cruise control speed.

I was also wondering if the brake lights come on when the CC is braking?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Yup, you're gonna find that the van breaks on its own, unless you break something.

Wait, do you mean braking? Like with brakes? Yes, on a downhill or the like, with CC on, the van will brake and the brake lights will illuminate. It will also brake for itself when using parallel parking assist.
It will not respond to forward collision braking (like when the alert beeps) but it will give more brake pressure than what is requested if you "panic brake".

No auto brake on collision, but brake pressure assist.
Does all that make sense? Its early, and I have an electrical problem to attend to (w205 c300)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm still learning the ins and outs of this van, but I can't imaging it should be braking under normal driving conditions. I've never noticed that myself. A few circumstances where it may apply limited braking are severe cross winds, or when it needs to activate traction control. Even under those circumstances it should be accompanied by an audible tone and/or steering wheel vibration. Sounds like you may have a malfunction. As pointed out above, even with collision assist or lane assist it doesn't do any braking completely on it's own.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe it’s not breaking but i can feel myself lurch forward I don’t know if the break lights come on as for I am driving the van. I’ll keep an eye on it and next time it happens I’ll report back.

·
Registered
199 Posts
FWIW, When I'm at home I can always hear our Metris downshift when my wife passes the front of the house as she slows for the 90 right turn to our side street. If your foot is off of the accelerator and the van is slowing, automatic downshifting might be felt as a lurch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts