Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
Hi

basically Mercedes have been screwing people over these audio systems. They do not work as described and they do bot want to fix. Until the many people with this issue, me included, start taking legal action this will go on.
Mercedes have become a second rate manufacturer unfortunately.
You obviously have a Vito and not a Metris in the US. Have you considered an aftermarket head unit as a solution for your issues? They are substantially cheaper than a lawyer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You obviously have a Vito and not a Metris in the US. Have you considered an aftermarket head unit as a solution for your issues? They are substantially cheaper than a lawyer.
Hi
Fortunately we have a small claims system over here which is very inexpensive and no lawyer needed, but you are right U will have an after market unit installed in time. Thanks

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
You would not want to drive to the dealership to get the new firmware?

And, of course it would be absolutely impossible for the radio unit to be fine at the time of manufacturing and an iPhone 12 to have different hardware and / or a flaw in its firmware of for there to be an iOS bug. Or a CarPlay bug.

No, we have never had those kinds of bugs with Apple before.

Newsflash: talking to friends, family, colleagues, reading forums: I don't know that there has been any brand of car manufacturer that has NOT had issues with radios, bluetooth, certain phones, ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
Have had the latest firmware fitted which should be compatible up to iphone 11 according to Mercedes but it’s not. Also nothing in any brochure when I bought it about certain phones not compatible. Also had info direct from Apple that the Vito is not approved for Carplay with any iphone as it has not gone through approval. Salesman knew what phone I had but said nothing. Both the dealer and Mercedes are pretty much useless as far as I am concerned. Rant over.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
Hi
Have had the latest firmware fitted which should be compatible up to iphone 11 according to Mercedes but it’s not. Also nothing in any brochure when I bought it about certain phones not compatible. Also had info direct from Apple that the Vito is not approved for Carplay with any iphone as it has not gone through approval. Salesman knew what phone I had but said nothing. Both the dealer and Mercedes are pretty much useless as far as I am concerned. Rant over.
I see you have also posted on UK forums for the issue. They might be more helpful with UK law and Vito issues.

Delete your Bluetooth cache. Reset your phone and start again would be my advice.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Hi
Yes am on UK as well, happy to let as many people as possible know how appallingly bad Mercedes are.
It really could not possibly be Apple's fault, could it?

There are literally iPhone 12 / CarPlay / Head Unit issues ACROSS the board of manufacturers. One quick search will show you the exact same issues have happened with AUDI, BMW, PORSCHE, ... and chances are there will be recall / free repair of the phones, if there isn't a class action lawsuit that gets it going first. Yes. Some of the iPhone 12 have hardware flaws ... not related to BlueTooth and pairing / syncing; which can be blamed on firmware & iOS.

But anyhow: MB = absolutely terrible over a small software bug that both MB + Pioneer + Apple are working on fixing.

Time to start a crusade!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes but what about carplay not functioning as well as voice control not effective most of the time. Bluetooth cuts out and low on volume.
Active Park Assist as been removed without consent in EU with no idea when Mercedes are going to get their act together.
Other stuff as well but I will leave the issue of my dealer selling me a two year old Vito as new which I rejected.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
A.
You may want to check your iPhone settings.

I have had a few BlueTooth issues over the years and the low volume has bugged me a great deal, because I like to use a small external speaker while working, or maybe an AMZ Echo, or the whole house stereo ... and I'd set the phone to AirPlay, and then the sound output would be 1/3 less, maybe even 1/2 of hardwired and what the output device is capable of.

Recently, after some update, all of a sudden I got safety alerts on my watch and phone that I had the music too loud? What? My little 5W bluetooth speaker that's hanging there 25ft away while working outside?

Headphone Safety
Everything external is lumped together as a headphone, regardless of function and whether it has extra volume control downstream.

Turn the protections for audio off. Enjoy the volume on external speakers.

B.
Manufacturers are required to follow regulations.
There may have been an updated or new regulation to comply with. Whatever is the law of the land, they will follow; and if this suddenly falls under some autonomous driving regulation ... stuff could happen.
Or it is a bug.

C.
A vehicle can be 1d, 1wk, 1mo, 6mo, 1yr, 2yrs, 3yrs old and still be sold as new, when its Vehicle Identification Number has not been registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles. The more you deal with cars, the more you see it. Dealers order some model with an odd feature set, and it doesn't sell; or they were required to take a number of vehicles in stock; and it just sits there. They ask too much money. Maybe not a popular model. Before you know it, 6 mo, 1 yr, ... it remains officially a new vehicle.

I know a couple people who bough a 1 and 2 year old new car, that was left over inventory, and got a good discount.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
Thanks for that info.
Regarding the age of the vehicle what you say may be correct other than the specification had changed on the current vehicle and that is not allowed. Not allowed to change or remove a feature without letting you know first, trades description act and sale of goods act over here in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think maybe both our vans where in Marshall’s just over a week ago ??? I bought it there just over a month ago and they knew nothing of any issues magically there are a few cases .. now 🤦🏽
I’ve just taken delivery of a 70 plate Vito on Tuesday from Marshalls and low and behold I’m having this issue within 2 days, given the fact that I’ve just spoken to the sales guy who said ‘don’t know anything about that, it worked perfectly for me’ and now I’m reading that they’ve had vans in down there with the same problem I might be going a little bonsai on the phone tomorrow….

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’ve just taken delivery of a 70 plate Vito on Tuesday from Marshalls and low and behold I’m having this issue within 2 days, given the fact that I’ve just spoken to the sales guy who said ‘don’t know anything about that, it worked perfectly for me’ and now I’m reading that they’ve had vans in down there with the same problem I might be going a little bonsai on the phone tomorrow….
Hi Chris
Marshall are fully aware of the issues with the Audio 40, they have had mine back in over 4 days to try and sort and basically they are not interested. If you speak to Dave , their technical guy, he knows all about it and cannot get his own iPhone to work on them.They are hoping people will not shout and Mercedes will find a solution. The radios are not made by Pioneer anymore as I understand and there is no-one to progress the issue other than Mercedes who are not the least bit interested and will tell you they only work with certain software and models. The CarPlay is not even on Apples list for a Mercedes Vito so they should not be advertising it. There are also issues of the active park assist being switched off because of an EU ruling but they are keeping quiet about that too. Marshall are an appalling dealership in my opinion and once they have your money forget it. I am getting very close to a small claims court action at present but they are asking for the van to go in again but I know this will not fix it.

Out of interest what Audio unit and phone are you using and what issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Chris
Marshall are fully aware of the issues with the Audio 40, they have had mine back in over 4 days to try and sort and basically they are not interested. If you speak to Dave , their technical guy, he knows all about it and cannot get his own iPhone to work on them.They are hoping people will not shout and Mercedes will find a solution. The radios are not made by Pioneer anymore as I understand and there is no-one to progress the issue other than Mercedes who are not the least bit interested and will tell you they only work with certain software and models. The CarPlay is not even on Apples list for a Mercedes Vito so they should not be advertising it. There are also issues of the active park assist being switched off because of an EU ruling but they are keeping quiet about that too. Marshall are an appalling dealership in my opinion and once they have your money forget it. I am getting very close to a small claims court action at present but they are asking for the van to go in again but I know this will not fix it.

Out of interest what Audio unit and phone are you using and what issues?
Sorry were you asking me that? If so, i believe it’s the audio 30 and having only taken delivery of the vehicle on Tuesday afternoon I’m still trying to get to grips with the head unit having previously had a 16 plate with the standard (buttons/non touchscreen) unit, the problem I’m having is that it is connecting to apple car play and after random amount of time/phone calls it disconnects, once this has happened the unit will then not revert back to or pick up any kind of FM/DAB signal! On a side not the unit did actually turn itself off aswell for a few minutes which was only resolved by stopping and restarting the van. Does that sound familiar?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , did you happen to figure out the apple car play situation. I have the same year metris and apple car play won’t work. Android car play seems to be working though.
Thank you.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts