Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I'm about to plunk down ~400 Amazonian dollars on the aforesaid Redarc BCDC1225D DC to DC charger. I've landed on the Redarc because it is waterproof (not really, it's "fully sealed against the risk of infiltration from water and dust") -- meaning it is terminated to cables through a gasket rather than exterior screw-down terminals -- and it includes an MPPT controller. I have no immediate plans for solar, but I am willing to pay a modest premium for the MPPT so I don't have to leave space for a future add.

I've looked closely at Sterling, Renogy, and CTEK. Sterling was my former first pick, but I really like the aluminum case and water resistance. And, importantly given the cash I've got down on acoustic insulation, it has no cooling fan to bug me. Besides, given that Redarc is an Australian outfit, warranty service should be a breeze, if needed. Of course, Sterling is UK, so . . . .

Anyone used one of these goodies?

Thanks

Dual Input 25A In-vehicle DC Battery Charger
1600864835537.png

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have used the CTEK for almost 2 years and I like it so far. I only use it to charge while the engine is on. It has the option to add solar but I haven't needed it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used the CTEK for almost 2 years and I like it so far. I only use it to charge while the engine is on. It has the option to add solar but I haven't needed it.
Which model CTEK? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts