Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked up the interwebs and seems like the AMG "twist and pull" method doesn't work for the Metris. Not sure if it's a pry job but I dont wanna break it off the grill which it feels like I might. Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe the “twist and pull” meathod is not the same for the Metris. Looks like it’s part of the front bumper cover.

·
Registered
81 Posts
An alternative is to paint the star black like the Fedex Sprinter vans. Renders the logo covert unless up close or knowing what to focus on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2 cents. The emblem pops up gently with 3 tiny tabs, behind it is the black plastic part of the grille that is sorta the same shape. You can visualize what it'll (kinda) look like by just taking it off as a test. In ongoing efforts to render the vehicle nondescript, I've stripped the other emblems off and blacked out the rear licence valence (photo was from when redirected rear camera to point upwards a bit.. you know, so you can actually see something other than pavement. )

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have removed mine and installed a LED STAR. You need to take off the grille to remove the grille. Few clips on the grille and some pulling. The took a screw driver to the clips on the back of the STAR for it to pop out.
I’ve been interested in installing an LED star as well. Did you get one from the dealer or an after market? Is there wiring in the factory harness for the LEad star?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts