Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, total Hail Mary move here, but I discovered while tending to a blowout on the side of the road that my 2016 Metris I've owned now for 4.5 years doesn't have a complete set of jack tools.

Luckily I had my full complement of work tools in the van so I was able to get the wheels off with sockets and partial disassembly of the tire winch mechanism (not fun on the shoulder of a major interstate on a 112 degree heat index day) enabled me to get the wheel down, but I'd like to at least source the proper MB lug wrench and the tool that goes through the bumper to lower the wheel normally.

These vans are so niche still that there's nothing from the normal part-out sources like eBay---any ideas other than paying MB new prices from the parts dept?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,203 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks pounce!!!

·
Registered
2016 Cargo/ camper van
393 Posts
Ok, total Hail Mary move here, but I discovered while tending to a blowout on the side of the road that my 2016 Metris I've owned now for 4.5 years doesn't have a complete set of jack tools.

Luckily I had my full complement of work tools in the van so I was able to get the wheels off with sockets and partial disassembly of the tire winch mechanism (not fun on the shoulder of a major interstate on a 112 degree heat index day) enabled me to get the wheel down, but I'd like to at least source the proper MB lug wrench and the tool that goes through the bumper to lower the wheel normally.

These vans are so niche still that there's nothing from the normal part-out sources like eBay---any ideas other than paying MB new prices from the parts dept?
I have a spare set, minus the jack. I sent you a private message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts