Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,097 Posts
Well, as far as I know, tires might be a recall through the tire manufacturer. I don't know that MB themselves get involved in. Tire manufacturers offer certain warranties, and then you make a claim through the tire shop or perhaps the dealer. Never had it through a dealer. Back in the early 2000s there was a recall on the OEM tires on my van at the time. Brand new van, not aligned right, followed by vibration issues, and basically no matter what, the dealer could not balance and align properly, multiple trips ... so I got sent to an independent mom & pop type shop, where the old owner said, I think there's a recall on your tires, let me check. Next day I had new Michelin tires. No charge. ( after probably 6 - 9 months of vibration issues on a brand new vehicle ). At the time I was not notified through the dealer network of that brand. But maybe as things have tightened up, recall wise, it is not mandatory for brands to pass on notifications about OEM fitted tires?

Is there supposed to be wheel or tire recall for the Metris?

[ my current open recalls are the brake fluid container and fuel line connectors ]

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Anybody had any luck with recall notice from MB?
Relating to tires and wheels.
The recall letter I received is going to get me a new weight loading sticker on the door jamb. When available.

Reactions: Tree95
1 - 4 of 4 Posts