Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a 2021 with option FZ5 Anti-Theft Alarm System, but I still have time to change the order. I'm confused about when the alarm is activated.

The 2020 Metris Operator's Manual says:

"If the alarm system is armed, a visual and audible alarm is triggered when the following are opened:

-a door
-the vehicle with the mechanical key
-the tailgate/rear door
-the hood"

But the Dealer Ordering guide says:

"The alarm is triggered if there is an ATTEMPT [emphasis on ATTEMPT is mine] to:

-Open a door
-Unlock a door from the inside
-Open the hood
-Use the emergency key "

So, is the alarm triggered when the the door is opened, or also when an attempt is made to open the door (by pulling the handle, for example)?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Some of them work off barometric pressure change....like opening a door, some movement....others are though the computer system, and senses a door handle actuator. Our BMW's come alive as soon as you move a door handle...pulses the fuel pump too....as most cars do.I

Edit: I misunderstood your question, Greg.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
518 Posts
The Metris being an MB, and having owned a few with an alarm system, the alarm is not activated by simply pulling a door handle when the vehicle is sitting locked. If that were the case I'd have to scramble for keys a few times a month ... :D

In the past (in EU) I have seen MB alarm when they were locked and lifted onto a flat bed truck, or after being tapped by another vehicle during somebody else's parking maneuver. Being an EU based system, it is also expected to go silent after several minutes of alarming, without owner intervention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts