Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In some shots the surfaces of the cabinets don't seem high end. Look more like builder grade stained plywood. How did they look in person?
I noticed the same thing, especially compared to others out there. The white version looks better and I'm not fond of white.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
A few of us seem to have an eye for detail. On that introduction thread a week or two ago; I did not want to be critical, and was seeking some more info, … but it did look like a rushed DIY finish …

We got a few extra photos of the white one, did not hear back on any of our questions.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Luckily, it is not terribly hard to adjust the surfaces if you are making your own. I hope they iterate on their products.

I'm sure @Camping Guy dislikes their ugly carpet walls and ceiling. I'm also not a fan. Upholstery can be expensive both in the materials and time. Mostly a time things. Makes the OEM passenger panels look swanky though. Although, nothing compares to V Class surfaces....and considering you can get an AMG one like the below used for about 75k USD in the UK....

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
Now, that's proper V-class.

Ever notice, they never show what happens in the trunk area with the seats up or down.

And, I really question cooking something in a van without exhaust ... let alone a premium one!

Maybe my van life would be a mixed duty metris: cargo trunk, entertainment and office in the middle, towing a tear drop for sleeping with outdoor kitchen ... both with a roof rack, etc ... :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts