Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know that some folks use aluminet to cover cool your vans. I’m looking for the best size, set up and durable brand for my Metris set up. I’ll mainly be using it for camping. So, I’ll want it on there in such a way that I can get in and out of van through sliding passenger door. The ability to tolerate strong winds also important. Suggestions please! Photos appreciated;) Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
336 Posts
I have used similar at dog shows. I used long rods attached across the roof rails to hold it up over the sides.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! If you have any photos of your set up, that would be great;) Are there any brands or online shops that sell the more durable aluminet versions or are they all the same?

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
336 Posts
Had a look but couldn't find any pictures. As for make, I just got mine at the dog show. It looks the same as online.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I don’t use it for the top (it would block solar), but I try to park facing north and put one on the west facing side of the van. It makes a huge difference in the sun. I use little bungies to attach the top side to the roof rail and to stakes in the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts