Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Metris 126
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first-time posting. Just purchased a 2020 Metris 126" cargo van off the lot for our food bank, and I want to add panels to the unprotected openings in the back. I'm going to cut my own out of Coroplast. The lower panels seem easy enough to attach using pretty standard panel clips. But I've learned from other threads that the upper cargo panels don't install using plastic trim clips like the lower ones, but instead use screws into U-clips that attach to the edge of the body panel around the openings. These are part # A004-994-71-45 and apparently available only from Germany, so sometimes take awhile to get on order. Has anyone successfully used non-Mercedes generic U-clips in their place?

·
Registered
2020 Metris 126
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Pounce. What I'm planning to install are not the VanLiner aftermarket panels or similar floor-to-ceiling panels, but panels that copy the standard Mercedes ones, which consist of separate upper and lower panels that fit in between the pillars, as in this photo.

Various posts on this forum have suggested that the upper panels require the A004-994-71-45 clips to receive the screws for the upper panels, because there are no holes in the body that take the plastic trim clips as there are for the lower panels. I was just curious if anyone had come up with an alternative (other than velcro, which has been suggested).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts