Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
It is available for direct retrofit into both Vito vans and Canadian market Metris vans via the MB accessories official channel. I’d guess plug and play.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The differences I found in the radios was the actual HD radio and gps features. Europe uses different frequencies. Not sure about Canada. Everything else seems to be the same. I used some Euro parts in my replacement.

For my unit, I used the Metra dash kit. The Pioneer is a single din radio and the stock radio is HUGE. The kit has a small pocket piece that I had not yet installed for the picture. I was still tweaking the install.

The unit has been really good. I am not a huge fan of the AA music players so I play off a USB drive. This means that I need to connect to AA wirelessly, which my phone does not do. I hear Android 11 fixes that for all phones.

The backup picture is huge, which I like. The stock speakers sound much better being driven through this unit by an Alpine amp along with a 10" sealed sub. I found the stock radio to sound very thin.

I chose the Pioneer for the higher resolution screen over competitors. The other caveat is that your phone is your GPS. I had some issues with it when on isolated roads. It stopped tracking my location even though the unit and phone have gps. Not sure why.

Overall, super happy with the new setup.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I also plan to install a front camera. I just need to run the cable through the firewall which is easier with 2 people. Just have not done it.

The red wire in the picture is the switch for the front camera.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My suspicion is that they are just selling the unit plus all the install kits together. Easy enough to do this on your own.

·
Banned
2,516 Posts
Any guess as to whether the Canadian market Metris is wired the same as the US market version?
I would generally guess that comparably equipped US and Canadian market Metris vans are close to identical. The only difference I know of between them is that US Metris cargos are CKDed and Canadian market cargos are not. The two markets are generally speaking standards identical in almost every way except for the use of the metric system.

Which now that I mention it, is a difference: the instrument cluster on Canadian vans will of course be wired and programmed for Metris units.

Excuse me: I usually correct typos I see but this one... lol. Metric units, not Metris units 😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
The differences I found in the radios was the actual HD radio and gps features. Europe uses different frequencies. Not sure about Canada. Everything else seems to be the same. I used some Euro parts in my replacement.

For my unit, I used the Metra dash kit. The Pioneer is a single din radio and the stock radio is HUGE. The kit has a small pocket piece that I had not yet installed for the picture. I was still tweaking the install.

The unit has been really good. I am not a huge fan of the AA music players so I play off a USB drive. This means that I need to connect to AA wirelessly, which my phone does not do. I hear Android 11 fixes that for all phones.

The backup picture is huge, which I like. The stock speakers sound much better being driven through this unit by an Alpine amp along with a 10" sealed sub. I found the stock radio to sound very thin.

I chose the Pioneer for the higher resolution screen over competitors. The other caveat is that your phone is your GPS. I had some issues with it when on isolated roads. It stopped tracking my location even though the unit and phone have gps. Not sure why.

Overall, super happy with the new setup.
Thank you for the info... which wiring interface did you go with?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bought an Alpine but it is huge. Had to mount between the front seats. I would measure up and find somewhere to mount one before buying.

Sub is behind rear seats, which is the double. I have no middle seats.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts