Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Metris specific items would you like to see from aftermarket venders? I would like sliding, or T style opening side windows, a 1-2" suspension lift kit, a full width folding bench seat into a bed, and a rear tire holder for larger tire options.
What are you needs and wants?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've been communicating with Terra wagon in Oregon. They make some great sprinter accessories. I'm wanting the large side molding that ties into their fender flares. Also a hood bug deflector thing. My wheels are black and I think this will look great. I didn't think I would be doing this stuff to a "van". This van has turned me into a van fan! I did not see that coming. Lol

Also, my van came with mud flaps. They look great.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who makes the power rear hatch kit? That would be handy.
I would also like bigger side mirrors. Both my 2001 tundra and 2002 Eurovan have great mirrors.
Why put small mirrors on commercial based vehicle.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I googled and found a few companies in China and Japan that offer aftermarket power hatch kits but don't seem to offer one for the Vito at this time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would love to see a middle console specifically for the Metris, saw some after market online, but not sure if they would even fit.
Would like to see one that comes as high as the fold down arm rest, so could use to eat lunch on my breaks. Any suggestions anyone has found?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Middle console

I plan to use the Dometic CF 11 compressor fridge for a center console.The size is 9 wide 14 high 20 long. It has cupholders on top and a rubberized top suface. Plugs into the 12v cigarette lighter socket. I have been using it in my 2000 Eurovan. I dont have a Metris yet (nexrt week maybe), but I think it will fit. It has a top opening lid.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Outwell Santa Monica Highway Awning 2015 Touring Collection looks like an awesome way to increase the living space. One more thing added to the list.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all! I've been researching the Metris as my next vehicle. I hope to order by the end of the year because it the best possible vehicle for trips with my large mobility scooter. However, the back seats on the passenger version are not at all comfortable, and I'd like a seat that also a folds down into a bed. After some searching, I managed to find a site which makes custom seats for vans and I think we can make that work. I'd post the link but don't have enough posts here to do so.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd like a seat that also a folds down into a bed. After some searching, I managed to find a site which makes custom seats for vans and I think we can make that work. I'd post the link but don't have enough posts here to do so.
Looking for the same. Don't need to post a link to share. Company name should get anyone interested looking in the right place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking for the same. Don't need to post a link to share. Company name should get anyone interested looking in the right place.

Thanks!
Sorry. The error when I tried to post took me a little by surprise. Its more a . com than a regular company name - Shop4Seats If you buy one, please post how it goes. My husband is laid off so it'll be longer than I had hoped before I get my Metris (unless I manage to find a slightly used one with both the uncommon features I need).

·
Registered
40 Posts
I plan to use the Dometic CF 11 compressor fridge for a center console.The size is 9 wide 14 high 20 long. It has cupholders on top and a rubberized top suface. Plugs into the 12v cigarette lighter socket. I have been using it in my 2000 Eurovan. I dont have a Metris yet (nexrt week maybe), but I think it will fit. It has a top opening lid.
Great thank you, this may work well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well this is one step close to a VW weekender. Just need fold down rear seats. Face to face seats on the passenger version!!!

New Seating layout: Face-to-Face seating for passenger rows
(delayed availability Q4 2017)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts