Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to adjust the low beam elevation? Can't find anything in the owner's manual or in the Forum.

This is a 2017 passenger with all the rear seats removed. Without that weight in the rear the low beams are slightly lower than optimal. My 2015 Sprinter has a little rheostat wheel on the dash that allows on the fly elevation adjustment when the rear load changes... I forgot how handy that feature is!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In full daylight I can see now that there are two places where a white plastic gear with a mushroom cup knob above stick out the back of the light cluster. One is high center the other is low outboard. Can anyone tell me how these relate to the aiming? Both elevation, one for high beam one for low beam? Or do both high and low adjust as a unit and one knob is elevation, the other is side to side?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The top one, that you can get to easily is for the vertical adjustment. The one buried deep is for horizontal. CW is up and CCW is down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know how to adjust the low beam elevation? Can't find anything in the owner's manual or in the Forum.

This is a 2017 passenger with all the rear seats removed. Without that weight in the rear the low beams are slightly lower than optimal. My 2015 Sprinter has a little rheostat wheel on the dash that allows on the fly elevation adjustment when the rear load changes... I forgot how handy that feature is!

Thanks for the help.
same thing for me: a passager METRIS 2017 with last row removed and mostly driving empty or light load. These headlight need adjustment !

·
Registered
4 Posts
on my 2017 Canadian Metris, passenger version, you have 2 white reversed cone adjuster. 6 mm allen required. Easy to adjust the vertical. The horizontal one is plugged with a white insert. With 2 different drill bit & a small ss hook, I was able to remove the seal, but I had to remove the headlamp from the van to do so...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts