Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Does anyone know if you can put a divider behind the 2nd row?
Mercedes sells a Vito Crew Van with an optional C-pillar partition, but we don't get those here.

The side airbags on the US-spec Metris Passenger appear to extend the length of the van, which presents a serious obstacle for retrofitting a partition.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I didn't think there were any, but wanted to ask, 'just in case'. A quick google shows that the optional C pillar partition just what I was looking for.
B

·
Registered
184 Posts
GB it may be possible. Police cars since the demise of the Crown Vic have had side curtain airbags and still have dividers. My current Ford PI Utility has two, one behind the front row and one behind the second row.

The cages are narrower than they used to be and the plastic guards between the side of the cage and the B or C pillar are made to break away.

Just a thought, but it would probably put you in the custom area and may be cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mr. G, that was a great video.
Though I think I will probably make my own partition- or at least a way to contain cargo.
I really hate when they push it so close to the back of the chairs, that there is no way to recline.
My Sprinter had one that I needed to replace due to such problems.
B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts