Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2018 Metris which seemed fully loaded but seems to NOT have cruise control. I'm trying to see if it can be added. I found a Youtube video that says it can be...but the comments are sketchy about whether that's true since the video is of a Vito. Anyone done this? I'm going to ask my dealer but I was curious if someone here had already....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the manual on how it works but there wasn't any info on if it could be installed after purchase.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don’t know anything about adding cruise control, but noticed the Vito in that video is from the previous generation, not the current version that is the the same as our Metris.

So it may or may not be similar...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I read the manual on how it works but there wasn't any info on if it could be installed after purchase.
I'm sorry. I didn't make myself clear. The Metris cruise control stalk is virtually invisible to the driver. I'd never seen a control like this. I was really asking if perhaps you'd overlooked the actual physical control below the turn signal stalk. Hard to imagine a loaded Metris would not have cruise.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Mercedes has been using that basic design for like literally 50 years now although they swapped the position of the stalk from above the combination stalk to below it in 2012ish.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mercedes has been using that basic design for like literally 50 years now although they swapped the position of the stalk from above the combination stalk to below it in 2012ish.

I'm sure you're correct and I like the set up, but I had never seen a similar set up before. This is my first MB however. I drive two other vehicles which are different and I sometimes still hit the turn signal stalk instead of the cruise stalk on the Metris. I don't know the experience of the OP and I would think it's certainly possible for one to overlook the cruise control stalk if one had not perused the manual or did not receive some familiarization by the dealership.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My Audi Q7 has the cruise control lever in the same location.

My Tesla Model S has the cruise control lever in the same location. But, that's sort of understandable as Tesla buys Mercedes switchgear (shift lever, turn signal lever, cruise lever, window/mirror controls) for the Model S.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Actually the entire steering assembly for the Model S (wheel, column, stalks, and all) are manufactured by Mercedes. The wheel is a specific for Tesla but the rest is right out of a C-class

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a used 2018 Metris which seemed fully loaded but seems to NOT have cruise control. I'm trying to see if it can be added. I found a Youtube video that says it can be...but the comments are sketchy about whether that's true since the video is of a Vito. Anyone done this? I'm going to ask my dealer but I was curious if someone here had already....
I just bought one too, this past week, and none of them had the cruise control. I am trying to find out how to get it done. Anyone successful?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought one too, this past week, and none of them had the cruise control. I am trying to find out how to get it done. Anyone successful?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I did see that kit and you tube on how to install. Did you find someone to install?
Yes, I went to a local car accessory/stereo store and they installed it and it works great. They said it was super easy and plug and play. I have a 2018 Metris.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I went to a local car accessory/stereo store and they installed it and it works great. They said it was super easy and plug and play. I have a 2018 Metris.
[/QUOTE
Good afternoon, I have a 2019 Metris would like to do the same thing . Does PN# B66560975 work it is supposed to be a Mercedes option , I called the dealer and waiting for a call back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was told it can't be done by Mercedes. I think that isn't true, but haven't found anyone that knows if US model can be coded for addition.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts