·
Registered
2021 Metris Full Camper
49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I suspect your request was intended for pounce or another participant in this thread, yes?
I would like to talk to anyone who is familiar with these vans. This is all new to me and I’m about to make a big purchase so input is important to me. If you would be willing to talk, I’d be happy to talk with you. You are a moderator so I assume you know a lot more than me!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The 135 has more room in back. The 126 fits in shorter spaces and garages, and has a ~28" narrower turning circle.
The 135 actually has the extra space between the wheels -- 9 inches -- hence the 135 WB vs. 126 standard WB, so the extra space is not at the way "back" with an overhang, it's really in the middle.

BTW, the photo with the non-SCA 152 top (SCA only has a top for the 126).

Reactions: Itzarv

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The 135 actually has the extra space between the wheels -- 9 inches -- hence the 135 WB vs. 126 standard WB, so the extra space is not at the way "back" with an overhang, it's really in the middle.

BTW, the photo with the non-SCA 152 top (SCA only has a top for the 126).
Yes, thanks. I’m going to see it today. I know the top is not a SCA. I hope it’s good though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As far as the van goes, MB has been making it for decades and sells hundreds of thousands around the world. The engine is also in lots of MB cars. Mine has been trouble free for 20k miles.
I have a 2016 cargo van. It’s been the most trouble free vehicle I’ve ever owned. 254,000 miles. Had an issue with filling the fuel tank which need a new charcoal canister and an oil pan that was leaking around the seal. Other than that it’s been regular maintenance.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just turned 40,000 flawless miles on my 2018 (delivered 12/2018). 23.59 mpg average fuel economy over last 12 months 80/20 city/highway miles. No piston slap, no wheel alignment issue, no fuel filler/odor issue, brake fluid reservoir recall needed and performed.

Given the low miles, maintenance has been done on the calendar rather than mileage, e.g., trans flush done at 19,000 rather than 30,000 miles, and plugs at 29,000 rather than 45,000. I've replaced the wiper blades and cabin air filter off-schedule myself, all OEM parts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can email me, [email protected]
I'm in NJ also, I'm selling my 2019 passenger metris, fully loaded, with 19680 miles, I'm only selling it because I had a stroke from the COVID 30 months ago and I will not be able to drive again, I hate to sell it but it's just been sitting in the garage, it also has the extended warranty so you have nothing to worry about

Attachments

21 - 34 of 34 Posts