Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, :smile:

My name is Charles Ansman,

I hopefully will take possession of a 2018 LWB Cargo Metris soon.
It was ordered the 1 week of Feb. The dealer said it was to be built in March and shipped in April. :wink:

I have a small HVAC company in Gainesville Florida where we operate MY2009 and up MB Sprinters. I've decided to try a
Long wheel base Metris in hopes it will be able to meet our service call fleet needs but in a smaller package.

The Sprinters are great for the Install / construction crews, but are about 25% too large and hard to park for the service men, plus I'm trying to get away from the diesel for the high mileage (100-125) a day, in stop and go traffic.

I know your curious, so I'll list my vehicle order.

Model MMCA3G
744 Paint Brilliant Silver Metallic
VU9 Black Leatherette
C01 Driver Comfort Package
C02 Driver Efficiency Package
C03 Active Safety Plus Package
CM2 Bumpers painted in vehicle color
D51 Cargo Patition w/ Fixed Window
F61 Rear view Mirror
FP4 Chrome Interior Package
FZ5 Anti-Theft Warning system
LC2 LED light strip in rear compartment
LC4 Premium overhead control panel
LC7 Front footwell lighting
Q24 Trailer Hitch
RL8 5-spoke light alloy wheels 7x17
T19 Sliding Door-Left Side
V30 Interior Paneling
V85 Ashtray with additional outlet
W17 Fixed Window Right Side Front
W54 Rear Doors 270 Degree Openin
W70 Tint for Rear Windows and Rear Side Window

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, It can get quite hot and humid here resulting in a large need for A/C, commercial refrigeration, Ice machines and ventilation for all sorts of needs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I"m really hoping it can hold up the the beating we give are work trucks.

A little worried the motor will be a little low on torque, after the breakin period I may search for a "low end power" tune

Payload will be a consistent 1500-2000 lbs.

If I can get 80-90K out of them without $$$ repairs, I'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Proquality, just and idea :) when you go biting a job take your old Chevy, people don't like a rich HVAC, don't go for new construction, newer drive on muddy road, if you have to drive, have a handy tow rope, don't go into the sand, you will get stuck. Metris is excellent car on the highway and on paved road, delivery of pizza or ice cream, don't go where you see alligators. At the worst, you can always drop the "H" and have instead of heating, only eating. :) With all the extras, that you have added it's a nice family car. BTW if you later will need partition for your load I do have the partition bar, If you don't have the seats to hold it I gladly swap the seats with you :) as I see this forum is super area to learn about your Metris I have learn a lot...the best for you is, that the floor is low comparing let's say Ford, loading furnace or A/C unit will be easier :).

·
Registered
285 Posts
It'll be fine for service. But, if you do refrigeration also? The 3 tank holder ranger shelf aint going to cut it! :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
It's got quite a bit of power but there's also tuning you can do to them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Proquality, just and idea :) when you go biting a job take your old Chevy, people don't like a rich HVAC, don't go for new construction, newer drive on muddy road, if you have to drive, have a handy tow rope, don't go into the sand, you will get stuck. Metris is excellent car on the highway and on paved road, delivery of pizza or ice cream, don't go where you see alligators. At the worst, you can always drop the "H" and have instead of heating, only eating. :) With all the extras, that you have added it's a nice family car. BTW if you later will need partition for your load I do have the partition bar, If you don't have the seats to hold it I gladly swap the seats with you :) as I see this forum is super area to learn about your Metris I have learn a lot...the best for you is, that the floor is low comparing let's say Ford, loading furnace or A/C unit will be easier :).
Our customers don't seem to care what we drive, just as long as we do our job.

I was the first in my area with a NCV3 Sprinter in 1/2010, and since then other contractors have started using them along with our cable company, Cox Communications. and FedEx

I grew up in this business being the 3rd generation (my Grandfather and Father only did "wet" heat in PA.), I've added the A/C-Refrig section since moving to Fla. in '78

I've used all types of trucks in my day, the Sprinters are my all time favorite with 1 caveat
1- Pollution controls that choke the diesels

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll be fine for service. But, if you do refrigeration also? The 3 tank holder ranger shelf aint going to cut it! :D
We have 3 NCV3 Sprinters, 2009, 2010 & 2015 along with a 2016 GMC 2500 pick-up

2009 is a duct rough-in now after being rode hard and put away wet for many years.

2010 is an all around A/C & Refrig service van with as you know 5-6 different bottles of gas.

2015 is Heat and Air service mostly with just 22, 410, and 422B

the new LWB Metris will also be Heat & Air, with my Idea of storing the bottles vertical on the floor just behind the bulkhead. I've selected a left hand door so access should be easier. I really like the doors on both sides. I ordered the 2009 that way and each van after, It is a GREAT option.

All the vans and Truck are metallic silver.

Ranger shelving, or whatever ends up going in will just be for lots of shelves and dividers to manage parts and tools.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Welcome! I ordered my LWB a/5/18. Finally have a VIN. Delivery??? Maybe September.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Finally after almost 6 months my latest fleet entry has been received at the dealer in Jacksonville.
I hope to have it in my hands tomorrow and will post an intital review shortly thereafter.
Dang! It looks great -- I am very jealous. Still waiting for mine to embark at sea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts