Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last DOG I saw noted that 9G-Tronic would be introduced in the 2021 Metris model. MBVans.com however still notes 7G in all brochures and build info. Anyone know if the 9G got shelved for 2021?

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Interesting.
The German site shows a visual of the new radio and lists the 9-tronic or 6 manual.
Other new NA features are hard to find / identify, even in custom build ... not unexpected, but even on a very high end build, some of the new stuff that we may look forward to, didn't stand out. No mention of that digital mirror for instance or automatic braking.

PS: Actually, looking through the NA site, those are not mentioned either. I think the NA site must be out of date.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My van is scheduled to be delivered by the end of the month. I'd call my dealer, but they probably have no idea lol. I'm going to assume that the US MB site is not up to date.

on my 2021 order sheet from Mercedes it says the 9g so will see if there is any change? we are scheduled for our van to be built in june 2021. it also states a new updated front end and newer radio?

·
Registered
995 Posts
THANKS - looks like the MB US site is not up to date!
That's confidence inspiring! Kinda matches the average sales producer's knowledge of Metris, sadly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man the 7g is already the smoothest & most efficient automatic transmission I've ever experienced, I'm sure the 9 is a nice update but can't justify upgrading for a few years. My dream is that in a decade or so the electric version will be available in the US and my post-Covid business will be bustling enough to justify going down that path. 90% of my gigs are well within the range of modern electric vehicles, and there are chargers all over the CA Bay Area where my longest drives happen (I'm about an hour North of San Francisco & mostly work locally).

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
The 7 does pull the van forward very swiftly. I would not mind an extra MPG though. It seems as soon as I go on the interstate and go with the flow, I'm not getting near 25, 24 nor holding 22.

I have a cross country drive coming up. I am very curious what she'll do. I really would like her to beat my 25MPG Dodge GC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My build sheet specifies the 9 speed. BTW, my Metris was built at the end of January but has been waiting for a shipping container since that time. I have no idea what the holdup is. It's interesting that I already have my VIN number, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine was built the first week of January. My sales guy told me on Monday that there are about 20 cargo ships waiting to be unloaded in NC and due to COVID everything is moving slow.

My build sheet specifies the 9 speed. BTW, my Metris was built at the end of January but has been waiting for a shipping container since that time. I have no idea what the holdup is. It's interesting that I already have my VIN number, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 21 Posts