Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Looking to purchase Metris 8 passenger configuration USA spec. Can the second row passenger seat that moves to allow access to the third row be removed while leaving the second row in place to allow for 7 seat configuration? Also can I purchase a Metris 7 seater and add the 8th seat after? I would like the option to add the third seat when needed.

I also see Europe that the they have a 9 seat configuration that places a seat between the driver and front passengers. I see that the seat is joined with the front passenger seat in right hand drive configuration. Do they make the 9 seater front seats in left hand drive configuration? If so can this 9th seat be added to the US spec van without any severe modification? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
262 Posts
it's difficult to ad the +1 to the middle row after the fact as it mounts to the side of the 2 seat and the mount is only added with the option. The +1 can be removed on it's own. My van is actually configured with the 2+1 in the 2nd and 3rd row now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Floor rail mount is installed in 7 seat for the 8 passenger, the 7 passenger simply does not have the seat but the rail mounts are there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out harpautomotivecorp.com
This guy even has the 3 up front seats.
Vdub-klasse do you know anyone who has had experience purchasing from Harp Automotive? I have seen other posts in here regarding the OEM V class rear seats, but have not seen anyone who has completed the conversion with seat rails and V class seats into a USA spec Metris. Anyone know of any members that have completed this conversion?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's difficult to ad the +1 to the middle row after the fact as it mounts to the side of the 2 seat and the mount is only added with the option. The +1 can be removed on it's own. My van is actually configured with the 2+1 in the 2nd and 3rd row now.

Thanks good to know!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Floor rail mount is installed in 7 seat for the 8 passenger, the 7 passenger simply does not have the seat but the rail mounts are there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vdub-klasse do you know anyone who has had experience purchasing from Harp Automotive? I have seen other posts in here regarding the OEM V class rear seats, but have not seen anyone who has completed the conversion with seat rails and V class seats into a USA spec Metris. Anyone know of any members that have completed this conversion?
No, I just saw a recent post from them on the fb group only.

·
Premier Upfits Co. Metrisseats.com
70 Posts
Hello all,
Looking to purchase Metris 8 passenger configuration USA spec. Can the second row passenger seat that moves to allow access to the third row be removed while leaving the second row in place to allow for 7 seat configuration? Also can I purchase a Metris 7 seater and add the 8th seat after? I would like the option to add the third seat when needed.

I also see Europe that the they have a 9 seat configuration that places a seat between the driver and front passengers. I see that the seat is joined with the front passenger seat in right hand drive configuration. Do they make the 9 seater front seats in left hand drive configuration? If so can this 9th seat be added to the US spec van without any severe modification? Thanks in advance!
The second row single seat can be removed if it is a 2+1 type bench. You cannot buy the 7 passenger and then add the 8th seat. In that case you will have to replace the two seater in the second row with a three seater.

·
Premier Upfits Co. Metrisseats.com
70 Posts
The second row single seat can be removed if it is a 2+1 type bench. You cannot buy the 7 passenger and then add the 8th seat. In that case you will have to replace the two seater in the second row with a three seater.
Or you can buy the Euro Vito reclining type seats from Surinder at 951 403 1797

1 - 12 of 12 Posts