Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an 8 Passenger Ban that fits in my Garage and the Metris would be perfect. How does the 8 Passenger Confiuration compared to the 7 Passenger Configuration?

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
I need an 8 Passenger Ban that fits in my Garage and the Metris would be perfect. How does the 8 Passenger Confiuration compared to the 7 Passenger Configuration?
Are you a human or bot?

You posted this:
https://www.metrisforum.com/forum/185-introductions/9416-metrics-8-passenger.html

There is a subtle but obvious difference between a seven and eight passenger van. There is one additional seat in an 8 passenger van over a 7 passenger van. The second row seat is different. One is 2 seats and the other is 3 total seats with a configuration of a combination of a 2 seat bench and a single seat attached that can move forward independently of the two seat bench seat to allow for passengers to navigate to the 3rd row of seating.

Everything else is the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies for the double post. It seems like I don't have email alerts for responses turned on.
Thanks for the information!

It sounds like the extra seat would be worth it in my case.

·
Registered
900 Posts
My apologies for the double post. It seems like I don't have email alerts for responses turned on.
Thanks for the information!

It sounds like the extra seat would be worth it in my case.

One cautionary note if you are not familiar with VW or MB vans: The seats are extraordinarily heavy and removing them is a two-person job. If I recall correctly (I have a Metris Cargo so I am not speaking from personal experience on the MB), in the seven pass configuration the middle 2-person seat can be removed and the three person seat can be moved to the middle position for a 5 person layout (with a boatload of cargo space). Can someone confirm me on that?

Anyway, with my Eurovan, that 2 plus 3 configuration was super useful when traveling with less than a full contingent of my 4 sons.

In terms of resale, I'd bet the 7 pass is an easier resell than the 8. I think the 8 pass entry mech is kludgy at best, but of course YMMV. I also understand the power side sliders are a weak point, so if you're looking at dual sliders for the 8 seat that might be an issue.

Have fun!! I absolutely love the Metris. However you configure yours, the form factor and drive train are top notch and a bargain to boot -- that's MY kind of vehicle as I intend the van to end in the hands of one of my (yet to be born) grand kids.

·
Registered
258 Posts
" the middle 2-person seat can be removed and the three person seat can be moved to the middle position for a 5 person layout (with a boatload of cargo space). Can someone confirm me on that?"

That is correct and is how I run most of the time. Looking back, the split 3-seat bench of the 8 seat option would work better as the access to the rear would be possible from not just the rear hatch.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
The eight pax version is ultimately better because the 8th seat can be easily removed entirely. Actually the ideal configuration would be having a 2-and-1 seat in both rows, so as to avoid removing the ungodly heavy three place bench ever again.

Except to replace it with a 2-and-1 I swear to you I won’t do it. If I need to haul that much i’ll Either make two trips or rent a truck/trailer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your replies.
I see the that the third seat needs to me slid or moved for entry into the third row which is fine. Any good pics or videos showing this?
Also I don't mind if it is heavy and kludgy (German Engineers Sleeping?) as it is a commercial van. I have seen both good and bad seat stowing mechanisms so I am guessing this one require brute force to remove and re-add.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts