Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum and also a brand new Metris owner! Came down to Florida on Spring break with the family and instead of renting a car we bought this off-lease Metris with only 30K on the odometer for just under $25,000.00. Absolutely spotless!

Think we got a pretty good deal since I've been shopping for our replacement van for quite some time and I haven't seen a price like that anywhere else. :wink:

There are only two small issues with it. One of the back speakers was not working (already took it to the dealership down here and they are going to replace it under warranty on Monday). And the second issue was that someone removed the spare tire tool kit. I was wondering if one of you guys could help me out with that?

Rather then buying the OEM Mercedes tools, I was hoping to stop at the local Harbor Freight and pick up what I would need to do an emergency spare tire change if the occasion arises on my trip back up to MD in two weeks.

We do have the jack. So what I need help with is what size socket to buy for the lug nuts and a description or close up picture of the tool used to lower the spare from under the chassis.

Really appreciate the help! Look forward to many years driving and sharing info on this pretty nifty van!

Thanks again,

Orb

P.S. Anyone looking to go up in size, we have for sale our old family people mover. A 2006 118" wheel base Mercedes Sprinter Diesel with just a little over 200K miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice find and welcome to the forum. The wheel bolts take a 17mm socket. I don't have access to my van right now so I can't help with the spare tire lowering tool. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help with that.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I'd help you with the lowering tool, but it's snowing.

That being said, I'm glad you got a good deal, but I am less happy about what that says about the value of my 47.5k example. Not that I'm shocked or anything, and I am still planning on driving it into the ground (and therefore depreciation is irrelevant).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts