Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought my 2016 Metris on Aug 2016 . Drove it for a year and put 50000 Miles on it . Here is my pros and cons
Pros
No major cost on maintenance.
Van drives like a car. enough power for my work of line.
Amazing acceleration with the turbo on.
Head turner for a van :) .

Cons
Cluster mal function on the first week I got it dealers installed new with no cost .
Heavy gas smell in the morning.
Back breaks worn out around 28k but front are still like 40% at 50k miles.
Improper tire ware out even after rotation. Had to change all tires around 35k that was a big bummer .
Front seat leatherate started to crack but not bad

What I will do if I have to buy a new one
- Get the power side mirrors
- cruise control
- back up camera
And would probably have opted for the fabric seat covers.
had to edit .
power paint. it really take little to scratch the paint
overall still loving it

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wow, that's impressive. Cruise control and backup camera were on my "I won't buy one without it" option list along with rear windows and tow hitch.

I love the power and drivability. 17k miles for me in pretty much exactly a year. I use it as a camper. Did a 1000 mi round trip into eastern Oregon to see the eclipse. It's off to Nashville in 2 weeks, and I have campground reservations at Grand Canyon on the return leg.

I doubt I'll get 35k on tires. I rotated at about 12k as the rears were wearing more quickly than the fronts. The wear across each tire is fine, unlike many posting here about alignment issues.

Interesting news on the rear brakes. The little engine has so little braking ability, I know my brakes will get replaced far earlier than any other vehicle I've ever owned.

The windshield cracked due to a rock hit just 3 inches from the bottom, and I watched the crack grow over a few days to 18 inches or so. A wind deflector artived yesterday via FedEx and will get put on before my next trip. The hood paint already has chips, too. I should have bought the deflector sooner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ME...GUARD-BONNET-PROTECTOR-2016-2017/302417292869

·
Registered
598 Posts
yea standard paint is just terrible. chips so easy.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I'm at 61k at present, going in for my second B this morning. I changed to Michelin Defenders and they wear way better.

My brakes have seemed to have a consistent 30k rear/45k front. I think the engine braking is fine, though, the paddles make it easy.

How much do you weigh Arki? Mine started showing wear fairly early, but I'm a big guy (350 lbs).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm hoping my choice of "premium paint" was a good call, as it cost almost $1000. As for tires... (I am a tire builder by profession), I'm going to replace the Hankooks with Cooper Discoverer AT3's. I have these on my Chevy truck & love them! (BTW, I don't work for Cooper tire, and I get a great discount on the big name company I DO work for, but I'm willing to pay extra for the Coopers).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts