Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
Can anyone help on how to remove 3rd brake light?
Sorry I can't help, but I want to know also. For 10 bucks you can get the bootleg manual on ebay. One or more members here have it and occasionally post some very helpful docs.

I want to know two things... how to remove it and what exactly the peg is for that sticks through the lens. I want to remove it because I may want to add one of the Chinese units with the camera built in. The reason I want this even though I have a backup camera is that the vantage point is better for hooking up a trailer etc, but also for adding one of those birds eye view 360 camera systems. I'd like to have both camera on the back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed it. Just keep prying on it all around and will come out. There are three metal clips holding it and a double-sided adhesive foam style gasket acting as a seal. That gasket will be destroyed and you'll need to scrape it well and use goo gone to clean completely both sides. I used a clear silicone instead of the gasket to reseal. The clips themselves will still keep the housing in place. Quite possible to break it and destroy the whole unit while attempting to remove.
Mercedes dealer won't do any of that but install a new unit if they need to remove the old for any reason. It's not overly expensive compared to a few hundred $$$ for some other brands. p/n is 447-906-08-00

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
I removed it. Just keep prying on it all around and will come out. There are three metal clips holding it and a double-sided adhesive foam style gasket acting as a seal. That gasket will be destroyed and you'll need to scrape it well and use goo gone to clean completely both sides. I used a clear silicone instead of the gasket to reseal. The clips themselves will still keep the housing in place. Quite possible to break it and destroy the whole unit while attempting to remove.
Mercedes dealer won't do any of that but install a new unit if they need to remove the old for any reason. It's not overly expensive compared to a few hundred $$$ for some other brands. p/n is 447-906-08-00

Hope that helps!
So what is the little peg?

Why did you need to replace yours? Broken?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts