Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2016 Metris with about 35k miles. It was previously owned by Sixt Car Rental. The service indicator does not show as service past due, but I don't know for sure what has been done... I had my local Mercedes dealer run the VIN and it doesn't look like anything was done through a Mercedes service center. I was thinking about at least getting the transmission fluid change to be safe, since it seems to be pretty important and won't cost an arm and a leg. Good idea? And for that service interval do they replace the gasket and/or filter or no?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just had mine done yesterday and have the receipt in front of me.

Parts list includes:
007603-012012 Qty 1 Rings General
000-988-08052 Qty 1 Permanent Magnet
222-271-03-80 Qty 1 Gasket
222-277-20-00 Qty 1 Gear Oil Filter
004-990-35-12 Qty 6 Screw
222-271-00-97 Qty 1 Pipe
001-989-77-03 Qty 6 MB Genuine ATF

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took it to Mercedes Benz Seattle. When I dropped it off they quoted $607. I told them that price was crazy and asked if there were any discounts available. I got a big spiel about Mercedes this and that basically saying "no". I said whatever just do it. When I came back to pick it up the cost for the transmission service ended up being $430.

Service: Quoted -> Final
B Service: $550 -> $390
Trans Flush: $607 -> $430
Brake Flush: $185 -> $154
Disposal Fees $20
Tax

Total B\35k service ended up being $1100.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recently bought a 2016 Metris with about 35k miles. It was previously owned by Sixt Car Rental. The service indicator does not show as service past due, but I don't know for sure what has been done... I had my local Mercedes dealer run the VIN and it doesn't look like anything was done through a Mercedes service center. I was thinking about at least getting the transmission fluid change to be safe, since it seems to be pretty important and won't cost an arm and a leg. Good idea? And for that service interval do they replace the gasket and/or filter or no?
Side question: Is there an online platform or a place where Sixt Rental sell their cars? Similar to Enterprise Car Sales?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sixt actually does good service with us. But also, send me the vin and I can look up history.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not aware of a platform. I have seen that Enterprise sells their vehicles directly. I think the dealership I bought it from bought it at auction. It wasn't my dream scenario but van seems to be in really good condition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sixt actually does good service with us. But also, send me the vin and I can look up history.
Thank you for offering that! I did have my local dealership service run the VIN and they didn't have anything on it. I even contacted Sixt and they had good customer service and checked the VIN for me but said they had already purged the record. Just to be safe I went to a reputable local transmission service company and they performed the service for me for about $240 including parts and fluid.

I had been quoted $440 from another shop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those Sixt Metris vans are all over Autotrader right now, they must have run them through auction at the same time. It is actually really hard to find a used one that is not a rental. Because I know what I do with a rental, I JUMP THEM!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m just about to sign the deal for a previous rental. It’s all I can find in the used market. What are ya’lls thoughts on prior rentals?

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I won't do a rental unless, 1 it is really cheap and 2 its going to be a work only assigned to a driver (not the owner) who is not going to take care of it anyway.

There is one up for sale here in the forum by @Metrisguy , it seems to be in great shape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I brought metris in a couple of weeks ago for 30,000 mi service B and was advised that MB changed the first tranny flush from 30,000 mi to 45,000. I just called to confirm that it was correct and to make sure it was for the metris not the sprinter. Robb, why would they change the tranny flush from 30k to 45k ?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
A lot of complaining would likely be part of it. The other reason is you do this kind of flush to remove break-in debris and degradation from the fluid; they may have concluded 30k wasn’t long enough.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, is "30k" or "first Service B" the appropriate time for the first transmission service? All I could find in the 2016 manual was "first Service B and subsequently every 75k". I'm coming up on that in 3 months, but am already at 30k. (I apologize if this has already been hashed over already)

Also, are spark plugs really at every 45k? I thought they were every Service B for some reason. Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts