Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, I had a van upfitter add this 10x36 inch opening window to my cargo van. If you have a passenger van, you may be able to get a full window replacement that partially opens. I do not know if there are any aftermarket windows out yet that will fit the Metris. I also had a fantastic van added to the roof, hooked up to the aux battery.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I also had a fantastic van added to the roof, hooked up to the aux battery.
I assume you meant you had a Fan-Tastic fan installed. My I ask what the 'out the door' cost they hit you with? What panel between the roof ribs did they install in on? I have a MC and looking to get a vent fan installed during winter....hoping someone around here offering a deal in the off-season.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually the European Vito/V-class offers electric vent windows in the rear. Dunno what it would take to install it.

Why does your dog need windows that open?
Greenmanedlion, we show dogs, and sometimes they have to stay in the vehicle when it is parked. My Chevy Express, old-fashioned as it may be, has four side windows and two in the back doors which open.

I like the size and appearance of the Metris, but we will have to go with a Sienna if we can't get the back windows to open.

JT

·
Registered
76 Posts
Van upfitter

Hi, I had a van upfitter add this 10x36 inch opening window to my cargo van. If you have a passenger van, you may be able to get a full window replacement that partially opens. I do not know if there are any aftermarket windows out yet that will fit the Metris. I also had a fantastic van added to the roof, hooked up to the aux battery.
Leslie, did you use Van Specialties in Portland? I am planning to use them t install a bench seat that converts to a bed in my cargo Metris (expected van delivery in May). I also plan to install sliding opening windows on both sides in rear, same or very similar to yours
What other work did they do (besides the fan)?
Were you pleased with their work?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fan and install of the remote controlled fantastic fan was under $600. I had them install it toward the back, since there would be less ventilation back there. I think each roof panel is the same size, so you could put it anywhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, they do a very good job at Van Specialties in Tualatin. I went there a lot before my Metris came in, so I could get all my questions answered. In addition to the two windows in the back panel and the fantastic fan, I had them ad a 60" long bench seat and a platform in the back that when put together, would make a queen size bed. Since I have dog crates on the 30' x60" platform, I will probably just use the foldable bench seat to sleep sideways. The bench and platform is bolted to my cargo strips on the floor. If you don't have those, they bolt thru the floor. The bench and platform are really made for the larger vans like the Sprinter. While they do just fit in the Metris, the bench seat will only sit short people, or their head may hit the ceiling. They measured bench height before I ordered it, but I think they forgot about the cushion on the seat, which is several inches. My Metris was one of the first they ever worked on.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, they do a very good job at Van Specialties in Tualatin. I went there a lot before my Metris came in, so I could get all my questions answered. In addition to the two windows in the back panel and the fantastic fan, I had them ad a 60" long bench seat and a platform in the back that when put together, would make a queen size bed. Since I have dog crates on the 30' x60" platform, I will probably just use the foldable bench seat to sleep sideways. The bench and platform is bolted to my cargo strips on the floor. If you don't have those, they bolt thru the floor. The bench and platform are really made for the larger vans like the Sprinter. While they do just fit in the Metris, the bench seat will only sit short people, or their head may hit the ceiling. They measured bench height before I ordered it, but I think they forgot about the cushion on the seat, which is several inches. My Metris was one of the first they ever worked on.
That is great info since I plan to take my Metris (to be delivered in May) to Van Specialties to install exactly the same bench seat plus t hree windows. They will also install a small sink/stove combo ( I think behind the drivers seat). I am not overly cocened about the ceilng since I plan for GTRV to install a pop top. In other words, I am trying to make Something similar to my 2000 vw Eurovan, but with a larger bed!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had them ad a 60" long bench seat and a platform in the back that when put together, would make a queen size bed.
Thanks for the info on fan install... any chance you'll post a couple pics of your bench seat? Something I'm considering for my MC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't taken any interior photos yet, but here is what it would look like from the Van specialty website:

Bench seat is 60" wide. Mine is black to match the front seat color and they come with 3 removable headrests.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.