Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted up some 225/65/17 BFG KO2s on a 2017 Metris. And they do fit without rubbing. So far ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just mounted up some 225/65/17 BFG KO2s on a 2017 Metris. And they do fit without rubbing. So far ?
Gosh, those big-lug tires look noisy!
My 2018 Metris has about 13k, and the original tires are worn down some. Looking to replace with some Michelins when they go on sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gosh, those big-lug tires look noisy!
My 2018 Metris has about 13k, and the original tires are worn down some. Looking to replace with some Michelins when they go on sale.
Honestly they aren’t at all. They ride so much better than the stockers. Not loud at all.. Van feels so much more planted now too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No doubt they're stiffer due due to a higher load range rating (D). I've always liked Michelins because of their relatively soft compound gives superior wet-road traction. Be interesting to know how your BFG's work. Is your van lifted at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt they're stiffer due due to a higher load range rating (D). I've always liked Michelins because of their relatively soft compound gives superior wet-road traction. Be interesting to know how your BFG's work. Is your van lifted at all?
No just stock. Want to level the front out but not sure yet. It’s always something. But I’m super happy with the look and ride of everything!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
If I were you I’d retain the Hankooks as a spare because they have no other earthly purpose. In any case the major question is whether or not they fit on the steel rims, as you can NOT put an alloy there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JMetz920
Tires look good. I am thinking of the exact thing with a lift added. You are the first person I could find on this forum who has done this. My concerns are the KO2s in this size weight 39lbs vs the stock 24lbs. That is a big difference in unsprung weight. How has the steering, mileage and handling changed? Circumference is about 6% greater also. ABS working ok from what you can tell? These unknowns are the only thing holding me back from buying these tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts