Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just mounted up some 225/65/17 BFG KO2s on a 2017 Metris. And they do fit without rubbing. So far ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just mounted up some 225/65/17 BFG KO2s on a 2017 Metris. And they do fit without rubbing. So far ?
Gosh, those big-lug tires look noisy!
My 2018 Metris has about 13k, and the original tires are worn down some. Looking to replace with some Michelins when they go on sale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gosh, those big-lug tires look noisy!
My 2018 Metris has about 13k, and the original tires are worn down some. Looking to replace with some Michelins when they go on sale.
Honestly they aren’t at all. They ride so much better than the stockers. Not loud at all.. Van feels so much more planted now too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No doubt they're stiffer due due to a higher load range rating (D). I've always liked Michelins because of their relatively soft compound gives superior wet-road traction. Be interesting to know how your BFG's work. Is your van lifted at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No doubt they're stiffer due due to a higher load range rating (D). I've always liked Michelins because of their relatively soft compound gives superior wet-road traction. Be interesting to know how your BFG's work. Is your van lifted at all?
No just stock. Want to level the front out but not sure yet. It’s always something. But I’m super happy with the look and ride of everything!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If I were you I’d retain the Hankooks as a spare because they have no other earthly purpose. In any case the major question is whether or not they fit on the steel rims, as you can NOT put an alloy there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
JMetz920
Tires look good. I am thinking of the exact thing with a lift added. You are the first person I could find on this forum who has done this. My concerns are the KO2s in this size weight 39lbs vs the stock 24lbs. That is a big difference in unsprung weight. How has the steering, mileage and handling changed? Circumference is about 6% greater also. ABS working ok from what you can tell? These unknowns are the only thing holding me back from buying these tires.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went with Toyo Open Country A/T III 225/60R-17 which are 29.5 lbs. adding 5 to 6 lbs at each corner seemed like a better compromise as I was looking keep as much performance that I could while getting some significant off-road capability. Metris will never be a rock crawler, but with a 2" lift I'm much more confident the dirt roads I encounter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Jmetz920 I whent with the spring/coil replacement sold by AdventureVans Mercedes-Benz Metris 2 (The springs are designed/made by Eibach). They were installed by a local MBZ auto shop that I take my car to for service (not dealer - I don't have a local dealership that does van service ). The shop had to borrow a bigger spring compressor from a local off-road up-fitter to get the work done. They said the fronts were a big effort. Backs were easy. Still evaluating the new ride - I'll post about it eventually.

·
Registered
154 Posts
@brow, I'm interested to hear what you think of these springs and also if you measured your four corners before and after and could share the results. I also just had the same AdventureVanCo 2" lift installed a couple weeks ago and still evaluating. I'll post under one of the suspension lift threads soon, but so far I'm pretty happy. It rides so much better loaded with camping gear! I also installed Bilstein B6 rear shocks at the same time. Tires are Falken Wildpeak 235/55R17. I have a bit extra rake than before but I'm not entirely sure what the factory rake should have been. (Image is with nothing but rear bench inside and ~200 lb rack and tent on roof)

·
Registered
54 Posts
@redlightning I have not had a chance to really exercise the van with the new springs. It definitely feels different, but with the fires in CA (and consequently no trips) I have not loaded up the van sufficiently to give it a good test. With the van unloaded it is a whole bunch stiffer, but with some speed that firmness starts to feel good. It does make the whole thing feel bigger: it is more ponderous, and the turbo lag seems more pronounced? I have lost about 2-3 mpg in my tabulations so far, but my driving has been different under lockdown and smoke

On the final height - I did not do a sophisticated measurement, but my tape measure said I got just about +2" in front and maybe a quarter inch more in back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
@brow, yes definitely feels bigger. I recorded 22.7 MPG (computer) on a short Labor Day camping trip. Another longer trip before the lift was ~23.5 (the tent really kills fuel efficiency to begin with). I measured +1 3/16" front and +2 3/8" rear (unloaded). What does yours measure from top of fender cutout to center of wheel? How did the alignment go? Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the Adventure Van 2" lift and am also running BFG All Terrain KO2 225-65-R17's. Feels stiffer and sturdier, great clearance, and I don't mind that the steering feels a tiny bit heavier. Whatever. Great combination!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the Adventure Van 2" lift and am also running BFG All Terrain KO2 225-65-R17's. Feels stiffer and sturdier, great clearance, and I don't mind that the steering feels a tiny bit heavier. Whatever. Great combination!

View attachment 18281
Looks like a 135 Cargo? Nice, I like the steelies -- is that a bra on the hood or paint?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts