Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows about minor changes for model year 2023? Maybe a headlight upgrade? The only information I found was a possible model change/re-design for 2024 but nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,002 Posts
I don't think there's anything actually known, yet. The few bits of van news have been click-bait or renderings. The electric vans should get double the range, iirc, and MB is launching the T-class in EU.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think there's anything actually known, yet. The few bits of van news have been click-bait or renderings. The electric vans should get double the range, iirc, and MB is launching the T-class in EU.
Thank you. The EQV 300 is terrible in real life. Extremely heavy 2.63 tons, 0-60 is about 10s and the real life range is around 140-160 miles if you don’t use heated seats and other options. During 1200 miles we had to charge it 10 times. I don’t think that’s suitable for our US market. Let’s hope that my dealer can provide an ordering guide once my van is in production.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,002 Posts
I agree. I looked at the e-vito briefly, out of curiosity and it was just sad really to have 90-100 mile range. When I thought about the periodic 1650 trip N-S ... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry ... because it would literally mean driving from charge point to charge point and more time spent charging than driving. Which is terrible in terms of personal time and even worse for battery wear. Now it is what? 150-160 miles. Once vehicles reach 300-400 miles and hopefully don't cost an arm and a leg or more, I think that will be practical, for mid-range driving and the occasional long trip.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put in a late 2022 order and fortunately, I am told my vehicle will be built. If not, I am told it will be rolled into a 2023 and additional new technology options and features can be added.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,002 Posts
I put in a late 2022 order and fortunately, I am told my vehicle will be built. If not, I am told it will be rolled into a 2023 and additional new technology options and features can be added.
Welcome to MetrisForum, Allison :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
How about the gearbox? Current models have the 9-speed, is there a noticeable difference with the old 7-speed? I lean towards the latter because it’s more of a known quantity.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,120 Posts
In my mind if I were going to buy right now the main deal breakers for me are:

Cruise control
Safety package
Enhanced hvac
Hitch
Lift gate
Warranty

Others don't care about lift gate and for some doors are technically important.

The hitch can be added later for about 1500 based on parts availability.

Cruise can be added as well, but at a big cost.

I value a warranty on this van and would only buy used if it has some remaining and I have the ability to add an ELW.

Most all the other bits are flexible. If I was looking at a new van and one a few years old.. The 7 vs 9 trans would not concern me at all. Warranty would cover me.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,120 Posts
What do you mean by lift gate and hitch ? I was able to order with both of these options
Hey, yea I can see how that was confusing. My bad. I've been chatting with Zeph and helping them with a potential used van purchase. When considering buying a used van with the 7 speed (which is what they referred to above) then you need to consider the features that are on those used vans and what you can add to them that you want and what you can't.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In my mind if I were going to buy right now the main deal breakers for me are:

Cruise control
Safety package
Enhanced hvac
Hitch
Lift gate
Warranty

Others don't care about lift gate and for some doors are technically important.

The hitch can be added later for about 1500 based on parts availability.

Cruise can be added as well, but at a big cost.

I value a warranty on this van and would only buy used if it has some remaining and I have the ability to add an ELW.

Most all the other bits are flexible. If I was looking at a new van and one a few years old.. The 7 vs 9 trans would not concern me at all. Warranty would cover me.
Everyone is different. This is my ordered passenger van. I don’t want to pay $1900 for the safety package because I always turn off the lane keeping assist in every vehicle. The rest of the package was bs. Foglight, rain sensing wipers etc. i was thinking about the towing hitch but I never towed anything and not planning to buy a boat or trailer so skipped it.
Font Number Parallel Document Screenshot

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will miss adaptive cruise when driving mine. I understand it keeps a set distance from car ahead and has lane keeping but you can’t set a speed.
I used DISTRONIC in my other Mercedes-Benz vehicles and I was able to set the speed. Its likea cruise control but reduces speed if another vehicle is front of you. What do you mean can’t set a speed?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,120 Posts
@noodle You may want to consider the safety package. The blindspot monitors are worth it.

I will miss adaptive cruise when driving mine. I understand it keeps a set distance from car ahead and has lane keeping but you can’t set a speed.
Did you order Distronic?

Lane keeping doesn't steer. It's more or less a haptic reminder in the steering wheel that you are crossing a line.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
B
@noodle You may want to consider the safety package. The blindspot monitors are worth it.

Did you order Distronic?

Lane keeping doesn't steer. It's more or less a haptic reminder in the steering wheel that you are crossing a line.
Blind spot is currently a hit or miss. Due to the chip shortage they issue a credit to people ordered that option. The traditional blind spot system is standard option. The safety package gives you the active blind spot which can intervene by breaking the opposite side wheels to prevent the accident.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,120 Posts
B

Blind spot is currently a hit or miss. Due to the chip shortage they issue a credit to people ordered that option. The traditional blind spot system is standard option. The safety package gives you the active blind spot which can intervene by breaking the opposite side wheels to prevent the accident.
Oh.. I would not be happy if I had ordered that and didn't get it. Hard to retrofit.

Font Screenshot Circle Multimedia Number

Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

You may want to consider PSM, aux battery and the tow package. The tow will help with resale even if you never use it. It's incredibly cheap for what you get.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes I see I was wrong. I do have the adaptive cruise control. Would not order a vehicle without it again and going over the list it appears the dealer removed it because of the chip shortage but my vehicle will now be built with the feature regardless

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please let me know if you receive any news about your MY23 options/changes. Seems like we’re in the same boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts