Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any insight into Metro production in Spain? COVID and labor issues could affect deliveries this year. I’m amazed at how well supply chains are woking so far globally. E

·
Registered
914 Posts
MB is good at stories to get you through the crazy long wait. Mine took 11.5 months. You're buying a van built at the Vitoria plant with parts from who knows where. Then for the cargo vans, they send the completed van to a third-party to disassemble and place into two shipping containers. Those get a ride to Ladson. The van gets reassembled. Then sent to you. Eventually. Sort of. Sooner or later. Actually a full model year late in my case.

The payoff has been, dare I risk the jinx (I'm typing with fingers crossed on each hand), a literally flawless vehicle through 17,500 carefully driven miles. I don't speed on surface streets, or even much on urban highways frankly. My tires and brakes are wearing very well -- I expect to get about 25,000 miles out of the factory 'kooks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We ordered a cargo at the end of October. With no communication from the dealer and without even putting down a deposit, all of a sudden we were told it was ready and at the port, but they used the wrong body (we ordered extended and they gave us standard). And apparently they messed up dozens of other vans on that order as well. We were also told there's no guarantee you'll get all of the parts that you requested due to potential supply shortages because of COVID. So not sure if everyone else is having problems with their orders, but just beware it may not go so smoothly. We are shocked it was done withing the time frame we were told though. Another dealer in the area we talked to hasn't heard about messed up vans and we are considering placing another order with them for an April build to get what we want though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered in December with a build date range of January 20 to January 30. My dealer informed me that my unit was produced on schedule and is now awaiting assignment of a shipping vessel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's crazy. Makes me wonder if the dealer is simply trying to get you to buy a van that was a dealer order.
I sat with him for an hour and ordered exactly what we wanted so it was definitely my order. He apologized profusely and said we are absolutely not obligated to buy it and we can order again. He offered to give it to us at invoice. The experience with working with him was so bad though with zero communication so we'll either just keep it when it gets here to not go through another hassle, or get a 135' from another dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,453 Posts
I sat with him for an hour and ordered exactly what we wanted so it was definitely my order. He apologized profusely and said we are absolutely not obligated to buy it and we can order again. He offered to give it to us at invoice. The experience with working with him was so bad though with zero communication so we'll either just keep it when it gets here to not go through another hassle, or get a 135' from another dealer.
Wow. You have such a crazy story there. I can't imagine the factory making such a serious mistake. Sorry. Good luck with whatever you chose. Maybe you can get them to do it at invoice plus a 140k warranty ;) Lots of aftermarket parts and poptops fit the standard and not a 135, but if you need to haul long items or just need the extra space there is no faking the 135 interior space.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts