Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Driverge Getaway
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
One last installation note of a problem that I ran into... if your remote commander lights up, but doesn't work as designed try the following: unplug the USB cable and plug the other side in. Apparently it's a directional cable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@schlabinski It is possible to put a subwoofer in the passenger rear panel. I did, however it is not an easy task. You would need to modify the rear interior panel, and probably need a custom subwoofer speaker box. I've done all of this and have a 10 inch shallow sub-woofer which sounds awesome. The distance is no problem if you have enough power, but then again, it's not easy to setup. If you don't do it yourself, a custom audio shop would probably charge quite a bit. Someday I will post my approach with photos and description for others to replicate/improve. My subwoofer with the separate 5 channel amplifier ended up costing about the same as KJT's all-in-one solution. I therefore think his solution is almost the most recommendable setup (as long as you don't need a storage drawer in the same place).

There was a fairly clean design of a integrated speaker grille in the following video, but I didn't quite follow the same design. I ended up modifying the panel with fiberglass but if I had to do it again, I might do what they did in the video below:

@KJT great to see the tuning results and happy to hear you are liking the improved sound. Now I kinda wish I had a secondary battery and could hook up my stereo to that.

·
Registered
2021 Driverge Getaway
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Amazing work. Maybe you need to come to Seattle?
Thanks! I plan on visiting to upgrade my AGM battery to your lithium system as soon as this battery needs to be replaced! How long would you need the Getaway? I'd need to book a nearby hotel if it's more than a day. I live as far away from Seattle as you can get!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts