Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Since there is a DOG, probably now. Just make sure you tell them that you understand wait times of 6-12 months are normal and you are comfortable with accepting it, and that you are willing to put down a substantial deposit.

Otherwise they might be reluctant to put in an order for an oddly configured van.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I won't realistically need a new van until mid-April and am on the fence about ordering now and hoping it comes by then or wait and see if my build shows up either new or as an older used one. Would a 135 with double sliding doors and rear windows be 'oddly configured' lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Double sliding doors imho is “ oddly “ configured.

95% of the cargo vans are white, single slider on the right, bi-fold and very few options.

There is currently 1 with dual sliders within a 400 miles radius of me. This is of course current inventory. But, I wanted dual sliders + lift gate and settled for one slider and dual 270 doors, since I was not in a position to wait till Feb Mar ...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Thanks for the new DOG -- lots of interesting stuff. I would have been a buyer of the ET4 DISTRONIC, which appears to be adaptive cruise control. Head unit is cool, with dual windshield antennae it doesn't look to be retrofittable. I noticed my base 610 Navy Blue is now a $1,005 option. I guess that's what it gets for looking good. The 9G TRONIC would be worth a gamble IMHO, but there's no choice so let's hope it's solid. I like the new fabric upholstery and the fancy vent shapes.

This is a bit of a refresh, maybe slightly more than what I'd expect of a normal model year progression. Does anyone know whether the 9G TRONIC has been in use overseas or in other U.S. models?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
@focus805 Your Metris has dual windshield antennas, one fully on the drivers side, and the other starting on the drivers side, wrapping under the windshield sensor array, and along the passenger side. It’s a thin wire.

The 9-speed was introduced on some 2014 E-class models, then filtered through the lineup of smaller (relatively) engined Models starting with the full C-class in 2015, the S-class in 2017, and so on. It is not used in V-12 powered cars (they use either the 7G-tronic or the 5G-tronic due to the 9Gs inability to cope with more than 513 ft-lbs of torque, or 700bhp) and V8 AMGs use a speed shift 7-speed that is, I think, related to the 7G but has some substantial differences.

So it’s used, but I have heard it isn’t quite as robust as the 7G.

·
Registered
557 Posts
@focus805 Your Metris has dual windshield antennas, one fully on the drivers side, and the other starting on the drivers side, wrapping under the windshield sensor array, and along the passenger side. It’s a thin wire.
So there's an antenna for satellite radio? Or more precisely to what I mean, do you think the Audio 30 will retrofit without a windshield change? If so, based on your past posts, I think we're both in to get one . . .

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
The Canadian dealer accessory catalogue stocks the Audio 40 as an aftermarket add on for earlier Units; the 40 is just a 30 with navigation. Some people will sell retrofit things that don’t work properly, but generally not the official dealer network.

That being said, satalite radio is not my thing- my music taste runs to 1930s-40s-50s Jazz, R&B and Doo-wop primarily, and they don’t offer the good stuff of those genres on any sat channel I know of (I do have a playlist over 5000 songs long on my iPhone however, even if largely ripped from shellac 78s or Tapes of 78 shellac’s) so it doesn’t interest me. It is possible that I might have missed some kind of indication that satalite radio is not functional because it wouldn’t be on my radar.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The Canadian dealer accessory catalogue stocks the Audio 40 as an aftermarket add on for earlier Units; the 40 is just a 30 with navigation. Some people will sell retrofit things that don’t work properly, but generally not the official dealer network.

That being said, satalite radio is not my thing- my music taste runs to 1930s-40s-50s Jazz, R&B and Doo-wop primarily, and they don’t offer the good stuff of those genres on any sat channel I know of (I do have a playlist over 5000 songs long on my iPhone however, even if largely ripped from shellac 78s or Tapes of 78 shellac’s) so it doesn’t interest me. It is possible that I might have missed some kind of indication that satalite radio is not functional because it wouldn’t be on my radar.
Agree about satellite -- Radio Nowhere says the Boss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts