Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am looking a a new build for 2012 metris cargo and my sales guy could not really answer this

WOOD FLOOR WITH 6 D-RINGS - STANDARD

VK8: Plastic Floor Covering - $0 OPTIONAL

Are these two items mutually exclusive? Or does the plastic cover the composite wood floor?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi - I am looking a a new build for 2012 metris cargo and my sales guy could not really answer this

WOOD FLOOR WITH 6 D-RINGS - STANDARD

VK8: Plastic Floor Covering - $0 OPTIONAL

Are these two items mutually exclusive? Or does the plastic cover the composite wood floor?
95% sure they're exclusive. The picture in the '21 DOG makes the flooring look just like the Con-pearl wall coverings. (p.6, right after "New Vent Nozzles." It says, "Underneath is an insulating foam layer" which suggests no wood. Also, the payload INCREASES by 33# with the plastic floor. (p.3) Must be an alternate, not an add.

Payload (With Wood Floor) lbs. 2,205 2,635 2,150 2,579
Payload (With Plastic Floor) lbs. 2,238 2,668 2,183 2,612

Attachments

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
578 Posts
Correct, it is one or the other. MB has been mentioning plastic floors for the Sprinters, and going standard with it, likely for weight savings, iirc ... when I was debating which size van.

·
Registered
56 Posts
For a camper build, if that's your interest, it looks like it might enough sound dampening and insulation to make you not bother adding more. I would think for most camper build techniques you would still need to add a layer of wood.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a camper build, if that's your interest, it looks like it might enough sound dampening and insulation to make you not bother adding more. I would think for most camper build techniques you would still need to add a layer of wood.
Not using as a camper. I went with the wood flooring bc I like to slide thing in and out. The plastic a rubbrer non-slide option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts