Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are about to convert our 2021 passenger van into a weekender camper and I am offering up the 8-passenger bench seat configuration in black leatherette: the 2nd row with the removable 3rd seat; the 3rd row rear beach seat; and all headrests, seat belts, everything. They are brand new and the middle seats have never been used (stored in the garage). I have a guy who could recycle the seats but want to first see if anyone has any interest in any/all of them, even as gaming seats or maybe seats for a waiting room at the auto repair shop. Free to a good home. I am in San Diego but can meet in south Orange County or Riverside County for a $40 delivery charge. See attached photos. Thanks for you interest.

(PS, I will also post a few "before" and "after" images of our build. I am super happy with the direction it is going and think you might too.)

Attachments

·
Premier Upfits Co. Metrisseats.com
70 Posts
I will pay you for delivering to Corona. 9514031797

Reactions: pounce

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will pay you for delivering to Corona. 9514031797
Thanks for your interest Premier Upfits, I was able to to offload them to someone locally.

I would make the trip to Corona if you have any extra 17" OEM steel wheels laying around you want to sell? I plan to swap out the wheels in the attached photo.

Also, do you guys do weekender camper upfits, ie the pop top and rock n roll seat/bed? Looking for someone in the So. California area, if possible.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are about to convert our 2021 passenger van into a weekender camper and I am offering up the 8-passenger bench seat configuration in black leatherette: the 2nd row with the removable 3rd seat; the 3rd row rear beach seat; and all headrests, seat belts, everything. They are brand new and the middle seats have never been used (stored in the garage). I have a guy who could recycle the seats but want to first see if anyone has any interest in any/all of them, even as gaming seats or maybe seats for a waiting room at the auto repair shop. Free to a good home. I am in San Diego but can meet in south Orange County or Riverside County for a $40 delivery charge. See attached photos. Thanks for you interest.

(PS, I will also post a few "before" and "after" images of our build. I am super happy with the direction it is going and think you might too.)
Are the seats still in your garage?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would you mind sharing how you removed the bench seat? i’m also looking at doing the same thing with my 21 Metris. It came with the fold-down seat that makes into a bed but it takes up way too much room in the van. I’d really appreciate your thoughts and insight into the project

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,728 Posts
Would you mind sharing how you removed the bench seat? i’m also looking at doing the same thing with my 21 Metris. It came with the fold-down seat that makes into a bed but it takes up way too much room in the van. I’d really appreciate your thoughts and insight into the project
I'm afraid that the Getaway seat setup is more or less a one way conversion. That's a very expensive seat and floor rails. The seat can be removed, but it takes some work.

If you are finding the seat not meeting your needs, one extreme option is swapping the van for another with only the poptop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the reply
Hi Jane,

Thanks for the inquiry. We bought a 2021 Metris passenger van that we have since converted into a weekender camper so the seats we removed were the stock passenger van rear seats (see video here for removal tutorial:
).

If you have the MB weekender/getaway, I can't help you with the removal process and would agree with Pounce that it will likely take some work.

BTW -- We are super happy with the weekender conversion we did through Eric at Santa Cruz Campers.

Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts