Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get the best price I can on a Metris for work purposes. I'm located in the U.S. Northeast.

Have one 2020 brand new with most options including upfit shelving and partition. Only lacking heated seats. Listed for $37k, negotiated to $34k.

Another dealer has a 2020 used by dealer with 4000 miles. Loaded with heated seats, no shelving for 31k.

Are these reasonable prices??

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
155 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That courtesy vehicle could be one near me :) Prime MB ?
( their sales staff does not impress me )

I paid $33k plus fees, sales tax, etc for a white cargo 135 long wheel bass, factory extended cargo partition with glass, rear 270 doors with glass, passenger slider with glass, driver comfort, vinyl seats, roof rails, alu wheels, plastic cargo panels.

For new ones, I figure there is a few k wiggle room. I found a motivated dealer three states over ( RI ) who was motivated and without hesitation offered me 3k off.

For used ones, I compare using websites, check other listings on commercial truck trader, and figure a dealer may move down 1 to 1,5.

Ranger is a popular upfit brand, that will direct ship their units to home for self install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is definitely the one near you. Best they're offering is $500 off. For a van that's been on the lot for a year I would think they'd be a little more motivated.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
155 Posts
I am there once or twice a year for annual service or when a car needs help. My wife and I have actually gone there to look around & buy, and they were not even close to hitting the mark in terms of selection and worse customer approach. Looked at a new suv a couple years ago, not motivated to drop the price a bit, and tactless when it came to understanding not everybody wants an AMG or some other features.

Oh, and, the number of times I have been for service, where I walk through the showroom and they always assume I am 110% ready to trade in my car or my wife’s and drop 70-100k on a car. Like yeah. I just casually will do that like buying a new smartphone. Which I don’t even do casually. Facepalm. They are so out of touch with reality.

Metris wise. I contacted another dealership in the Prime chain in NH, knowing Scarborough was zip with their single one in stock at the time) they passed me on to the local branch, wanted to sell me theirs, which was quite different than what I wanted, would no lift a finger regarding the one I had contacted the other dealership about.

As it sounds that you are in the market for a new or close to new one, I will send you a direct message Sat am with some contact info where I bought mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is definitely the one near you. Best they're offering is $500 off. For a van that's been on the lot for a year I would think they'd be a little more motivated.

New poster here. longtime lurker.

Keep seeing that van in Maine as well in my searches. Seems about as close to what I want as Im likely to get without doing a build and it costing $37k. Been to see Bob in RI and he has a couple brand new on the way.

Any tips on how to search for these things? Id really like a 135"

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts
Id really like a 135"
Not many of them around. It would be a lot easier if you can work with the smaller one. If you are on the fence at all the side benefit of the smaller one is that there are more parts and options available for upfitting etc.

What's your need for the van? Work van?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's your need for the van? Work van?
Mostly a toy chest! I ride and race Kite hydrofoils as well as CX bikes. Snow kite and ski in the winter.

Additionally though I run a sailboat full time now so the ability to not have to rent a truck to move sails around will be great. Setting myself up as a Contractor when im done boating so the van makes the most sense. The size too as I live on an island in New England so I cant figure out how guys drive full size sprinters and pickups...

Thanks for all who have posted here on the forum. Its a great resource and Im learning a lot!

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts
Mostly a toy chest! I ride and race Kite hydrofoils as well as CX bikes. Snow kite and ski in the winter.

Additionally though I run a sailboat full time now so the ability to not have to rent a truck to move sails around will be great. Setting myself up as a Contractor when im done boating so the van makes the most sense. The size too as I live on an island in New England so I cant figure out how guys drive full size sprinters and pickups...

Thanks for all who have posted here on the forum. Its a great resource and Im learning a lot!
Sounds like the little extra length would help then. Starting with a passenger van and converting to Cargo etc later seems like a popular approach. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like the little extra length would help then. Starting with a passenger van and converting to Cargo etc later seems like a popular approach. Good luck.
Last week I decided that a 126" was probably enough. Also I wasn't seeing 135" with options or colors I liked coming up so I made an offer on a Selenite Gray van last week. Today I went up to Maine and took delivery!

Excited to start the process of making the van work for me. Lots of info here on the forum to digest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts