Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the 2020 Metris get the new 2019 Sprinter head unit with Android Auto? My dealers says yes but I cannot find any evidence that they did.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Speaking of which, has anybody posted the 2020 DOG?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is afterma
I did a cursory search online and Ebay has a listing for a Metris-specific touchscreen infotainment system. Seller wants $600 plus shipping. Looks like the system occupies the space taken by the original audio 15 and the climate control system, so the new climate control system is moved down to the cupholders.
That is after market. They added a new system to Sprinters in 2019 and I am wonder if Metris has it now.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The new Sprinter’s high end infotainment system is, stupidly in my opinion, not a double-din based unit; it is custom to the Sprinter. It would not fit in the Metris. The MBUX system is not coming to the Metris; it did not come to the Vito or even the V-class, even though the V-class was face lifted thy is year.

That being said the Vito in other markets DID get a new double-DIN infotainment system as an option called the Audio 40. It is a touch screen and offers cell-phone integration via Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. I have been looking towards buying one, but I do NOT know for sure that it plugs in to the existing Metris wiring and (crucially) existing steering wheel controls and backup camera. I would guess it does (it is only a Vito thing; it would be odd for them to design something custom for the Vito while costing them money to redesign how to wire it in) but I don’t know. If I knew, I’d buy one.

I am not endorsing or advertising this website but:Vito-Viano (2015>): Pioneer Audio 40

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi GML -- are you saying MB is selling the Pioneer product?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found a couple of links about the Audio 40. No US results from my quick search, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts