Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an inordinately long waiting period I finally took delivery a few months ago. Many shorter and longer windsurf trips later still stoked about this van! Haven’t yet installed any racks to store my stuff properly—probably a winter project.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sweet. I'm jealous you were able to get the plastic paneling -- not available in '18. Also, you got a working trailer hitch. How do you like the hatch? I went for the 270 barn doors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
One great thing about the Metris + Windsurfers is the fact that the roof is so long that even with my longboards on top, you can still open the rear hatch fully and it makes a great rain shelter when necessary.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Metris Windsurfing

Looks like you carry a lot of gear. Here is my set up. I built a platform out of 1.5” pvc. I store four boards on the drivers side. Then masts, sails and booms under the platform. Mountain bike to the right of the platform on the passenger side. Small sleeping are in between for long road trips to Texas every Spring for a month of sailing. Miscellaneous stuff goes at the back. Just added a foil to my quiver and it will fit sideways on the platform without disconnecting the 90cm mast. I can easily remove everything including the platform in under 15 minutes if I need to haul something else. Enjoy your Metris! Mine just turned 22,500 and I love it.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts