Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to order a worker passenger Metris. It comes out to $30,990 online. There are packages that you can choose but all of them come with things that I don't want. All I really want is cruise control and the tow package. It doesn't look like I have that choice with the passenger worker. Not a lot of info on this variation that I can find online.

Questions:
1) is cruise control that important?
2) why can't I find any of these passenger workers on a lot?
3) is it going to be a pain in the ass to order? Is there anything I should know before going to the dealer?
4) is there a time where there might be a discount on ordering? I'm not in a hurry, and saving a little would go a long way for me.
5) any extended warranty tips?

Thanks!
Sorry, so many questions......

·
Registered
278 Posts
> 3) is it going to be a pain in the ass to order? Is there anything I should

Yes, and as many folks have posted here, the vehicle that arrives won’t be configured how you ordered it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
A good place to start would be researching the dealer you wish to deal with. Those questions would be a great gauge to see how helpful they will be.

Reactions: river and Lala

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cruise depends on where you live and drive.... Urban/Suburban or Rural? I live in the country and use cruise everyday. I've found a couple of blue vans (my preferred color) in the NYC area, but they don't consider cruise essential for an urban work van when ordering them for stock. My local dealer in Syracuse wouldn't consider ordering one without cruise, but wouldn't ever order anything but the color white for stock. They say white is never wrong for a commercial van.

Syracuse dealer told me 5 months wait, if I special order now....

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I live in New Jersey where we have traffic like you wouldn’t believe up and down our toxic waste dump and I use cruise control all the time. Most cruise systems are worthless, but the MB system is a joy to use. I use it 70-80% of the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I second Green on the MB cruise system. Way better than the usual schlock.

Now the parking assist - that could use a firmware update from my experience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I am sold on the cruise control as a must have. I'll be going to the local dealership this week. Based on their online inventory, they do not have a new Metris. I'll ask all of the questions about ordering. I should be enjoying this whole process, but I am not. It will all be better once I have my Metris>:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Okay, I am sold on the cruise control as a must have. I'll be going to the local dealership this week. Based on their online inventory, they do not have a new Metris. I'll ask all of the questions about ordering. I should be enjoying this whole process, but I am not. It will all be better once I have my Metris>:D

Make sure you get the MB all weather floor mats to go with the cruise control. You will love how nice and cushy they feel under both your feet. Serious!!!:wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finally visited dealership

Information from dealer: ~31k (as online calculator stated) and 18weeks before possession. They would check to see if any other dealer already has my build on site but there would be an unknown transport fee. I would not be allowed to go pick it up and avoid the fee.

Also, I found out that the dealer here had a used 2016 Metris listed on an eBay classified ad but not on their web site. So whilst asking about a build, I asked them about the Metris on the lot. They told me that they wanted 3k more than the ad. I called them out on it and they stated that they thought that they had removed the ad, but that they would honor the price. The ad was gone when I got home. Although it is not the worst, and just a business transaction, I am disinclined to do business with them.

For now, I will be looking elsewhere. Argh!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Information from dealer: ~31k (as online calculator stated) and 18weeks before possession. They would check to see if any other dealer already has my build on site but there would be an unknown transport fee. I would not be allowed to go pick it up and avoid the fee.

Also, I found out that the dealer here had a used 2016 Metris listed on an eBay classified ad but not on their web site. So whilst asking about a build, I asked them about the Metris on the lot. They told me that they wanted 3k more than the ad. I called them out on it and they stated that they thought that they had removed the ad, but that they would honor the price. The ad was gone when I got home. Although it is not the worst, and just a business transaction, I am disinclined to do business with them.

If another dealer has one in stock, you can't be 'allowed' to go pick it up? Excuse me but you don't need their permission. That is one shady dealer (which is also evidenced by putting an bait&switch ad, knowing they'd be asking for 3K more). Hard pass. Please do share which dealer this is so we can avoid it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
'Worker" Tow Package

In your original post you state that you are looking for a 'Worker' version with a 'Tow Package'. Since all Metris' are pre-wired for a trailer I assume you mean Q24 Trailer Hitch, 5,000 LBS? That includes the physical hitch as well as the electronics module and internal programming.

The reason I ask is because according to the dealer ordering guide, my research and talks with my dealer a trailer hitch is not an option for any 'Worker' model, Passenger or Cargo! Go figure. So much for WORK! It is only an option for the regular Cargo and Passenger models.

This is one of the reasons why I will be ordering a regular Metris Passenger. To get the factory installed and programmed hitch w/electrics. I have read too many horror stories on after-market or even dealer installed hitches. The physical is fine, it is the electrics and programming that is at issue. Plus the cost will be well above the $370 option price.

I would love to be shown wrong.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Tell that dealer to go to ****. Or at least the salesperson, ask for the sales manager, and expose everything, if he backs his salesperson then go to another delaer, but he might "apologize" and cut you a good deal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stegenga: You are correct. I was hoping that there was a way around it. Since I only wanted it for a hitch bike rack, I am willing to give it up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I want to thank you guys for your support. I am disappointed in my dealership but suspect that their actions are typical. The sales manager was their former van guy and the one giving me all of the pricing info. I am glad that I asked questions that revealed how they do business, as I believe Road_Ghost suggested. At this point, I may make a calling blitz to all of the USA dealerships, to see if any have the van I want or a smoking deal on a used one. I may also just forget it and get a Nissan NV200, which I know that I can obtain without aggravation.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I want to thank you guys for your support. I am disappointed in my dealership but suspect that their actions are typical. The sales manager was their former van guy and the one giving me all of the pricing info. I am glad that I asked questions that revealed how they do business, as I believe Road_Ghost suggested. At this point, I may make a calling blitz to all of the USA dealerships, to see if any have the van I want or a smoking deal on a used one. I may also just forget it and get a Nissan NV200, which I know that I can obtain without aggravation.

Be patient and keep looking you'll find one that's right for you. Last year all the dealers were blowing out the leftover '16 Metris van's around January. A lot of us got killer deals!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I live in New Jersey where we have traffic like you wouldn’t believe up and down our toxic waste dump and I use cruise control all the time. Most cruise systems are worthless, but the MB system is a joy to use. I use it 70-80% of the time.
Hi @Greenmanedlion

I do agree that the MB cruisecontrol system is pretty good, I particularly like the Speed limit option forheavy traffic with a lot of cops. This long weekend I drove to D.C. and I usedthe Cruise control for some portions of the trip in the highway with lighttraffic, but as soon as I got more traffic I turned it off, I never use it oncity driving. I remembered you saying you do, so I searched for this post. Could you pleaseexpand on your way of using it? Maybe I’m missing something… LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Again, thank you, thank you everyone!

My van is here and she is beautiful!! She is a plan old white cargo van but I love her. I have gone outside ~10x this am just to look at her:)

Montway gave me a great price, and the contracted Karlos from KAM towing and transport did a nice job, even called me ~ 30min after delivery to make sure I got both keys etc. The Van arrived before the paperwork (still waiting on that)!

Now if I could only get my phone to pair.....but that's another thread.

Kbcool: the MB all weather floor mats have been ordered, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
A friend of mine purchased a worker and had the OEM hitch installed. So fa so good. I second that it is cheaper to order from MB (370), as he was charged $550 for the install. I am working on ordering a worker/passenger and will probably have to order the Pass for A/C package and hitch.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts