Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking into buying a metris cargo worker but I noticed there are not any current manufacturer rebates. It's early in the new year but I figured that would be a good time to buy, especially if I can find some dealerships with 2017's on the lot.

Do you think it's worth waiting until MB offers some kind of cash back? Have there been any cash back incentives on the worker models, or do they only apply to the regular cargo version. Also, any advice on negotiating a good price would be greatly appreciated. I can pay cash and am hoping to pay under 25k for a metris worker cargo with convenience package. MSRP is 28,689.

Hoping to be an official part of the metris team soon!

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You'll need to find a high volume dealer, to find that deal. I was shopping for a Metris Cargo, but checked on Metris Worker Cargo prices. Best deal on an '18 Worker Cargo with the Convenience Package, was $2020 off retail. This is just above 7% discount. Metris Cargo best deal was discounted just over 10%. Sales person said price structure on Worker van leaves a much smaller margin for the dealer, so they are discounted less.
I wasn't really interested in a Worker, and ordered a Metris Cargo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was also considering the cargo. The driver-side sliding door is a very nice option for me but wasn't sure it was worth the several thousand dollar upgrade for that alone. I will get some quotes for some 2017 cargos to see if the larger margin for discounts looks appetizing. Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer, and from what I can tell there are no rebates available just now for when I get my Metris later this month. I do get my first A and B services for free, and 0% financing for 36 months, but that's it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
tetris, I went with the left side slider on my order. I wish you could get the 2 passenger bench seat like the Vito in Europe. It would be nice to occasionally be able to get 3 people in the Cargo.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I guess the days of 25% off sticker are long gone. Maybe the dealerships didn't order as many in 2017 as they did in 2016 that went unsold until the deep discounts were added.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess the days of 25% off sticker are long gone. Maybe the dealerships didn't order as many in 2017 as they did in 2016 that went unsold until the deep discounts were added.
Bingo. Not as much dealer money being put on the units because there isn't the gargantuan over-abundance of built Metris vans. Going to be tough to get much off of a 2018 and rates are a point higher for similar terms.

WORKER vans (Sprinter and Metris) get one free service; regular cargo vans (and passenger vans) get two.

I'm guessing that about 10% off on a 2017 cargo, as long as it's not a super rare build or something like that, should be doable. That's about where I would be to anyone coming in...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm currently looking at a "new" 2017 left-over at my local MB lot. It is a passenger van with all the options. Dealer is offering $4K off MSRP, 0% for 36 months and 2 years of free A&B service.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm currently looking at a "new" 2017 left-over at my local MB lot. It is a passenger van with all the options. Dealer is offering $4K off MSRP, 0% for 36 months and 2 years of free A&B service.
That does sound good, and we were offered about the same deal last fall on a couple of 2017s and 2016s. But none of them had trailer hitches, and they were mostly loaded up with options that we didn't want. The way we looked at it the discount just paid for options that we didn't want, so we ended up being better off just ordering exactly what we wanted. Only downside was the wait.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Update on the 2017 "left-over" negotiations; Loaded Metris...only thing it didn't have was the cargo net...$4500 off MSRP, $5000 Trade-in (KellyBB $4000/CarMax$4500), Vouchers for free A & B service (MB incentive), 0% APR for 36 months (MB incentive), a A service now (does not count against above incentive) as the display was flashing "A Service 12 days over due" plus some MB swag from the "store" (Caps, T-shirt and key fob for wife). Tried to massage 7 yr. ELW for gratis no-go, tried to get them to knock 25% off (7 yr. $3380) no-go...may call Tafel Motors and see if Jeff can do better. 86 miles on the odo...about half put on by me. They didn't squeal. How bad did I get raped?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bumping this thread: I'm in the market for a Metris 2018 Passenger Van and with a MSRP of about $38k, the dealer was able to give $3500 discount plus 2 services (AB).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts