Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever temperature gets cold (like below - 10) for more than a few days all my door lock mechanisms start to freeze up so unable to lock and keep doors shut.
Anyone else here with same problem ?

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
This is my 3rd winter, haven't had that problem. The windows however often need to be freed up (credit card in the gap). Do you have a lot of humidity in the van causing condensation inside the door? I often drive with the passenger window down a bit to get rid of moisture from boots etc.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
This is my 3rd winter, haven't had that problem. The windows however often need to be freed up (credit card in the gap). Do you have a lot of humidity in the van causing condensation inside the door? I often drive with the passenger window down a bit to get rid of moisture from boots etc.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
342 Posts
Sorry about the double post, got timed out and re-sent. Is anyone else finding the server slow? (Google says it's them)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks but no excess humidity neither,........

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Sometimes my doors and handles get a bit frozen and it requires a little extra force to free them on the first open of the morning. Those handles are designed to take ~500 lbs of Force (to aid in pulling open a mangled door after an accident), so just give it a good full body pull and you should be fine.

Never had them object to closing or locking though, although just in case, it is possible your flapper valve for interior air pressure might be freezing shut. If that is the case, similar advice to above: Except for that flapper valve the interior is essentially air-tight. Feel free to use a good amount of force to slam the doors. You are supposed to slam doors on Mercedes- they used to be just as air tight without a flapper valve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts