Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cabin blower motor or cabin fan motor comes back on by it's self after car is turned off. Dealer had vehicle for 2 days. Still has same problem. It has a mind of its own.:frown:

·
Registered
191 Posts
My cabin blower motor or cabin fan motor comes back on by it's self after car is turned off. Dealer had vehicle for 2 days. Still has same problem. It has a mind of its own.:frown:
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

From the 2018 Operator's Manual, page 113:

"Approximately 60 minutes after parking the vehicle, dual-zone automatic climate control can switch on automatically, depending on the outside temperature. The vehicle is then ventilated for about 30 minutes at low fan setting and dual-zone automatic climate control is dried out."​

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! thanks for the info.Too bad the dealer doesn't know. The other issue I have is that I have lost about 12oz on coolant over 14k miles. They said they pressure tested and all was fine. I never had a car that lost coolant. John

·
Registered
397 Posts
Concerning is that the dealer has had the vehicle two days and hasn't even tried just looking through the vehicles owners manual. :surprise:

Coolant should not be disappearing....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow! thanks for the info.Too bad the dealer doesn't know. The other issue I have is that I have lost about 12oz on coolant over 14k miles. They said they pressure tested and all was fine. I never had a car that lost coolant. John
Mines lost a little coolant too. But, I just add a little distilled water to it as i'm hesitant to "take it to dealer" as they may start chasing a A/C blower problem that doesn't exist! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting,,
, the coolant has to be going somewhere,,,through the block, into the oil,,,,,eeewww,,,, onto the ground?
My electronics mystery is that the clock has been losing about a minute or two every few weeks,,,took it in,, they said it should be tied to the GPS,,(It has a terrible interface!!) ..They "uploaded current computer program" and of course said it was fixed,,,,,Naaaah. Still loses time,,,
Does anyone think there might be other ramifications from it?
Bill

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nowadays coolant loss has to be near zero tolerance. Modern cooling systems don't just consume coolant (who remembers the water stops on the Ridge Route (US 99) and Angeles Crest Highway). I killed my 13 year old Eurovan through a very unfortunate combination of a failed temperature sender coupled with an ignored minor coolant leak. Water pump failed catastrophically, no spectacularly!, 300 miles from home. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the failure until the sickening explosion and blue smoke slowed me from 65 MPH to zero in lovely Morgan Hill. My gorgeous VR6 lost two holes before I could pull over. Some charity benefited.

So, if my Metris leaks a DROP, I'll be all over it until resolved.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nowadays coolant loss has to be near zero tolerance. Modern cooling systems don't just consume coolant (who remembers the water stops on the Ridge Route (US 99) and Angeles Crest Highway). I killed my 13 year old Eurovan through a very unfortunate combination of a failed temperature sender coupled with an ignored minor coolant leak. Water pump failed catastrophically, no spectacularly!, 300 miles from home. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the failure until the sickening explosion and blue smoke slowed me from 65 MPH to zero in lovely Morgan Hill. My gorgeous VR6 lost two holes before I could pull over. Some charity benefited.

So, if my Metris leaks a DROP, I'll be all over it until resolved.
Nice thing about the metris is, it tells you your low on coolant before it overheats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want Dealer to document coolant loss. Service rep said I should get a A service since it was close to 15K. I told him I do oil change every 7500 miles. I dont believe is 15k oil changes or 20k for my Sprinter. He replied I need to follow manual. Of course he wanted 280.00 to change oil. No thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 2017 cargo uses coolant and it has a strong coolant smell.

It’s been to two dealers. One never looked at it and the over one said that the pressure tested it and everything is fine. This dealers work hard at making excuses than they do fixing anything.

I looked it over and do not see any signs of a leak. So in my opinion, if it’s not leaking it, it’s burning it. Unfortunately the dealers don’t want to get that far into it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is this number three of the typical Metris problems? 1. bad factory alignment, 2. leaking fuel line in cold weather, 3. mysterious coolant leak. Oh yeah, the annoying ones too: slow clock.
I too can't figure out where it's going. I topped off a year ago (~16k) with ~100 mL. The light is back this morning (~28k). Do I take it to the dealer or just top it off at my local MB mechanic? (I'm out of MB coolant)

How much is a head gasket job if it comes to that?

·
Registered
151 Posts
My local MB mechanic topped off mine the second time (for free), but they also did a pressure test with nothing found, not even visually. Van motor was hot.

What does your engine smell like when just driven on a summer day? Mine has an odor of hot motor oil. My Audi 4.2 had the same smell and I'm not sure if it was the valve cover gaskets leaking a small amount of oil or not. I can't find anything leaking on this M274 motor on the Metris.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts