Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just popping in to introduce my voice to the noise.

Bought a new 2018 Metris Cargo last year from MB of Durham in Whitby. Had it custom made and shipped as all their lot ones were in white. No thanks...this indium grey is much better. Pretty sharp-looking metallic paint. Strangely no longer available for 2019 editions (at least in Canada). Stupid me, I should have equally put as much purchasing effort into the winter package...though, I'm parked in an underground car park so I don't really need it.

I've been reading the forums a bit and am sad to read about all the dodgy MB dealers some of you have had to deal with. I deal with MB Downtown here in Toronto and can't say anything bad about their knowledge of the vehicle of their level of service. This might be partially attributed to the fact that it is a corporate dealership and not a franchised one (corporate run both Toronto MB dealerships, with MB Midtown doubling as the location of MB's Canadian HQ's offices).

I've got about 21K (km) on my beauty thus far and friggin love it.

My last ride was a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 (no comparison....apart from the shitty suspension and transmission, who engineered it to have basically the same HP and torque as the Metris?) Surprisingly, the Dakota still runs at 450k+...though it's on multiple newer parts (2nd driveshaft, 4th exhaust manifold, etc). I was hoping to get it to 500k (which the engine is certainly capable of achieving) but it became unsafe to drive without a major overhaul of everything to do with the drive train and wheels.

Hoping to get my new Metris to beyond that mileage...and, **** am I going to have way more fun doing so. Driving this thing is super fun for a van. Paddle shifters? It's my little van race car that doubles as a camper.

I'm planning on driving to British Columbia and back this summer on a 5 week trip, mostly sleeping out the back of my van.

So far, at 21k it's been fine, except for having had the AC fan motor replaced at about 15k because a non-functioning piece came loose inside the unit and would cause there to be a low rumble when the fan was running. Not functionality issue, just frigging annoying and a free fix so get 'er done.

I see some of you guys have problems with the paint. This might be a function of the older models some of you have, but interestingly, the dealership I purchased mine from gave me a 10 year unlimited KM warranty on paint. I should add that they also installed an electronic rust inhibitor free of charge. Whether or not they actually work is beyond me, but with their 10 year warranty and free install, I don't care.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers.

I'm hoping my paint job lasts. I plan on driving this van to its death (and then maybe resurrecting it), I would hate to have to do major body work too soon just because of shoddy paint quality.

I'll see what this 10 year warranty looks like....to be honest, the sales guy I bought off was a bit shady (it was a franchise location) and I haven't gone back to that dealer after vehicle delivery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts