Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for this community, and some of my own feedback on this vehicle.

I've really been enjoying this van since leasing it two years ago. I run a small Audio/Video business and it's the perfect size for my equipment, fits perfectly in underground parkades (like hotels for examples), turns and handles like a car really, and it's been pretty reliable for me so far.

However I live in Canada and it's cold here. And this thing has no car starter option, and the dealership tells me they can install one for me but it will void the warranty. So that's a huge negative for me.

QUESTION: Does anyone else in here also drive a Metris here in Canada, and is there a block heater in these things? I don't see a place to plug into via the front of the vehicle. I suppose my next step is to dig up my manual of course, but thought I'd ask this group first.

Thanks in advance,
~ Rob

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,438 Posts
I have a question for this community, and some of my own feedback on this vehicle.

I've really been enjoying this van since leasing it two years ago. I run a small Audio/Video business and it's the perfect size for my equipment, fits perfectly in underground parkades (like hotels for examples), turns and handles like a car really, and it's been pretty reliable for me so far.

However I live in Canada and it's cold here. And this thing has no car starter option, and the dealership tells me they can install one for me but it will void the warranty. So that's a huge negative for me.

QUESTION: Does anyone else in here also drive a Metris here in Canada, and is there a block heater in these things? I don't see a place to plug into via the front of the vehicle. I suppose my next step is to dig up my manual of course, but thought I'd ask this group first.

Thanks in advance,
~ Rob
This does not void your warranty.

Block heater is BQ6 02 0463 and cord kit BQ6 02 0461

1 - 2 of 2 Posts