Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

I am impatiently awaiting a 2018 Cargo I ordered in mid-January. Looks like May for production, who knows on delivery. The fleet manager told me he was able to re-spec a dealer-ordered plain vanilla Cargo and get me somewhat higher in the queue.

Anyway, when I ordered, the fleet manager told me about the 135 inch extended wheel base model (which was not shown on the mbvans website). I ordered one. I especially liked it because the 9 inch extension is accomplished through the wheel base rather than a kludgy E-250 style extension hanging behind the rear axle. Also, by my rough calculations, the extension adds only about 55# of weight -- at least the payload is reduced by only 55 pounds. The extension does increase the turning radius in the 2-3 foot neighborhood.

The EWB ordering option just came on the mbvans website in the last week or so.

Has anybody else ordered a 2018 EWB? Does anybody have one? I'd really appreciate sharing pics if anyone has an EWB in hand.

Regards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It looks like a big batch of long wheelbase Metrises just hit the dealer lots. I've seen quite a few go up in the last week.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I'll have to look
Thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like a big batch of long wheelbase Metrises just hit the dealer lots. I've seen quite a few go up in the last week.

Not here in SoCal. Zero 135" within 300 miles of Central Coast

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the LWB...see attached photo for dimensions which are in millimetres.
For shots of my actual van visit My Garage.

Yes the turning circle is a little larger but certainly not a deal breaker. It handles tight spaces well especially with the aid of the rear camera and the parking sensors.
The additional cargo space is great both for work and play.

Try it, you'll like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is BS. Vanilla is a wonderful flavor! Its not the absence of flavor! (I got nothing to add here)
I meant no insult to vanilla. I'd say vanilla, like the Metris, is a very versatile flavor.

I would just love to see an EWB on the hoof! I'm trying to visualize the interior and how much I can do with a kind of long (or extended!) weekender type build. Basically, 95% of the time this is a "drive-fish-camp-repeat" SUV, but I can't guarantee the van won't end up parked at Home Depot or Costco on occasion waiting for a silly-big TV or bags of manure or whatever other consumer garbage I don't have the will power to say no to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts