Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching this van and finding out the little eccentricities about it, pertaining to the cons I really like it, when compared to others. I like the fact that its small and still large enough and handles like a car - from what I have been hearing a lot from others and comfortable long rides. I also like the looks of the cargo van. To me a major aspect is how it handles, I have owned bmw's and that is one thing I love about them is the way they handle and are fun to drive. Reliability seems ok. But here is the thing I am 2 hours away from a Mercedes dealer, Do I buy a Ford transit -( not the transit connect, which is pure ugly and too small ) because the dealer is 30 min away or a metris.???? I would need the van for part of my business and if it were out of commision for a while thats ok. But not looking to put more than 11000 miles per year on it. What would others do? My time and money is important of course, but just feel the driver satisfaction would not be as great with a ford. Initially my pick was the Nissan NV 2500 as that van is indestructable but a gas guzzler. Also are windows in back a necesity??? since driver mirrors almost everyone complains about. Are there a lot of die hard mettris fans on this forum that like their van that much that would be willing to be located 2 hours away from a dealership??? Just a thought like to hear what other think, of course some practicality matters. Thank you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My nearest van dealer is about an hour away and it didn't have much bearing on whether or not to buy. Chances are pretty small that it would break down or need servicing during the warranty period anyways which is the only time you'd actually need the dealer. Plus if it does break down during warranty, MB has to flat bed it to the dealer on their dime, no matter how far it is.

Once warranty is gone you could take it to any normal euro-capable shop. Thats what I plan to do (for things I don't work on myself).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I have a guy in the area that works on euro cars. That minimizes the chances of me actually having to bring to to a mb dealer if something major goes wrong.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for your input. I have a guy in the area that works on euro cars. That minimizes the chances of me actually having to bring to to a mb dealer if something major goes wrong.
I have 2 MB dealers 10 min away from my home and I see, that I would use them only being desperate on warranty. I go to the dealer only in case of emergency, there are much better mechanics working in their own shop, les expensive a courteous. With them it's your car, not how much you paid fot it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
After researching this van and finding out the little eccentricities about it, pertaining to the cons I really like it, when compared to others. I like the fact that its small and still large enough and handles like a car - from what I have been hearing a lot from others and comfortable long rides. I also like the looks of the cargo van. To me a major aspect is how it handles, I have owned bmw's and that is one thing I love about them is the way they handle and are fun to drive. Reliability seems ok. But here is the thing I am 2 hours away from a Mercedes dealer, Do I buy a Ford transit -( not the transit connect, which is pure ugly and too small ) because the dealer is 30 min away or a metris.???? I would need the van for part of my business and if it were out of commision for a while thats ok. But not looking to put more than 11000 miles per year on it. What would others do? My time and money is important of course, but just feel the driver satisfaction would not be as great with a ford. Initially my pick was the Nissan NV 2500 as that van is indestructable but a gas guzzler. Also are windows in back a necesity??? since driver mirrors almost everyone complains about. Are there a lot of die hard mettris fans on this forum that like their van that much that would be willing to be located 2 hours away from a dealership??? Just a thought like to hear what other think, of course some practicality matters. Thank you.
I am in the same boat as you are. I love the handling of my cars above all. That being said go for it. I live 1.5 hours away from the closest Mercedes Vans dealer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts