Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update on MB service for wife's Metris. Dealer had van for 3 days as the Mother Ship wanted testing done on the vehicle for the P0627 code. The original gripe was after the van was driven (usually a half hour or more) and then parked for half an hour to an hour, it would stall a few seconds after starting back up. Check Engine light would be on, but van would start and drive normally. After 3 driving cycles the Check Engine light would go out. Happened at least once a month for 3 months prior to taking to dealer for service. Here's the the dope from the Service Invoice...

START AND STALL
internal controller failure in fscu (Fuel System Control Unit) intermittently
connect ads and short test found code P062700 stored in FSCU.
Fuel pump passes guided test with .6 Amps.

LI47.00-N-069277 applies to vehicle.
created PTSS case #000133986 disconnect fscu and check pin tension, inspect wiring harness from fscu to fuel pump.
remove fuel and and inspect connector for debris and pins for tension. remove fuel pump retaining ring and lift pump for inspection (as per PTSS).
no problem found during inspection. connect battery charger and ads and replace fscu as per PTSS instruction. had vehicle driven over a few days
allowing to set in between test drives to confirm repair.

FP number 000-900-92-13 Control Unit Cost $0.00 (under warranty)

Time will tell if this is the fix. My only concern is if the new part is of the same batch or a new and improved controller. If it is the same as the old one...the problem may reoccur down the road. Maybe.

During the 3 days my wife's Metris was being probed...we had a Metris Cargo loaner. Drove just as nice as our pax version but visibility sucked with no side windows. Had the see-through cargo partition which was a blessing, but really missed the blind spot assist in heavy traffic.
Thanks for the post. Mine needed the same part. Saved me a ton of time and a lot of money. Thanks again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Glad my post help. As a follow up, new FP fixed the issue. Has not stalled since repaired.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts